Oh, thats just a Canadian..... LOL

S

seger98

Oh, that's just a Canadian..... LOL

Went to the bank today just to get a couple of rolls of quarters, wasn't intending to do any CRH. I looked at the tellers tray & noticed a silver edge in the dimes. I asked if I could see the second dime down & she said sure, (she was pretty young) when she took it out she said "Hmmm that looks different" Shirley did you see this one? Before the other teller could look at it I said, oh that's just a Canadian dime. So "Shirley" didn't even look at it & the young teller let me see it, picture down below! Quick thinking on my part!

Well after that score I asked if they had any rolls of halves, they had $180.00.

6 of the rolls came from the mint, picture down below

2 rolls came in plastic tubes & those were all 1971 D BU.

out of the remaining $100 I got only one 40%er!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 320
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 269
Upvote 0

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Re: Oh, that's just a Canadian..... LOL

No more haircuts for your village for a while, because you sniped the barber! =)

~Dave

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon

There were some old bird tellers that said that to me. Ohh thats just Canadian... and then when I asked to see it anyway she said she was saving it for another customer. I could tell she was getting a little uncomfortable. It was silver.....

Those are the tellers that make me mad.... that lie to your face.

Once I had a teller tell me that they threw away the canadian coins. So I asked if I could have them since they jsut thow them away. Then she changed her mind and said she couldnt because the other teller gives them to her husband who goes to canada alot. She changed her tune like that.... and all with a straight face. She was a real snake.

OP
OP
S

seger98

By the way, it's a 1912 D

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice grab! im pretty new to CRH and was wondering about barber's and merc's i havnt even actually seen 1 other then in pictures, and was just wondering if the edges do show up silver like a silver Roosevelt dime? i know this probably sounds dumb because i know they are made of silver but im just wondering if i should actually look at each and every coin when CRH dimes and not just the edges. well congrats!

OP
OP
S

seger98

coltdavis said:
Very nice grab! im pretty new to CRH and was wondering about barber's and merc's i havnt even actually seen 1 other then in pictures, and was just wondering if the edges do show up silver like a silver Roosevelt dime? i know this probably sounds dumb because i know they are made of silver but im just wondering if i should actually look at each and every coin when CRH dimes and not just the edges. well congrats!

They do stand out on the edge, but you should look at every coin anyway, there can be errors, proofs ect. ect.

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island

seger98 said:
coltdavis said:

They do stand out on the edge, but you should look at every coin anyway, there can be errors, proofs ect. ect.

Assuming you have the time, possibly a loop, and you don't search hundreds and hundres of thousands of coins in a short amount of time. =)

And bigtime... if you want to hate on tellers for doing that, you need to hate on seger and every other CRH'er who does the same type of stuff. Are you sure you haven't done something similar yourself?

~Dave

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome job spying that "Canadian coin"!!! - LOL

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

another barber....that is so cool...yeah tellers like that make me mad also....she should have been more observant and removed anything she wanted...not wait until someone points it out to them and then hold it back....but i have to agree with Dave also as all's fair in CRH

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

LOL! I don't need my reading glasses to see "United States of America"! As far as looking at each and every date, do it, that is, if you have one box in front of you. If you want to get 12 boxes outa the way, and are looking at dates, I will see ya next week! AMC

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice find.I only found one barber dime myself and that was in the coin return. I hope you don't mind, i brightened up your picture a little.

Attachments

• 002[1].JPG
    002[1].JPG
    10.3 KB · Views: 133
OP
OP
S

seger98

mountainman 2 said:
Nice find.I only found one barber dime myself and that was in the coin return. I hope you don't mind, i brightened up your picture a little.

Yeah, I do need a new camera! Thanks..

Chris

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice work Seger! Awesome find on the dime. I have yet to find any half mint rolls like that. That would be a cool pickup. Congrats!!!

OP
OP
S

seger98

LJ said:
Nice work Seger! Awesome find on the dime. I have yet to find any half mint rolls like that. That would be a cool pickup. Congrats!!!

I'm not sure why the bank would have had them, other then some coin dealer turning them in? they don't get halves straight from the mint do they?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread