Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the GMAN does his tracking list again next year, what would anybody think of this new category: acid treated buffalo nickles. GMAN, would you be interested in including this category?

Reason I am wondering is I am about to start treating the dozen I have found this year, and have wondered how hard it would be to complete a collection of acid treated buffs.

Any comments?

Upvote 0

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do plan on doing the tracking list next year..... I find it interesting :)

I plan on keeping the same rules as last year where acid treated and regular date buffalo nickels count the same.....if someone wants to do their own tracking list on only acid treated buffalos...be my guest. :)

Note: From Jan 2006 until now including both acid treated and regular buffalos together, the board as a whole has found 45 of 65 Buffalo nickels.....so I know this much....it is hard with or without acid treatment..

As far as other categories of interest...I'm open to suggestions if there are any good ones....The only other thing I thought of was currency, but this would be the wrong forum for that list.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking about currency too...the currency board does not get enough traffic to do an accurate list I think

HH
-GC

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Gman,

If you did a currency tracking list I would participate. I search more currency than I do coin so I would be inclined to disclose my finds more because it would be interesting to see what all else everybody else is finding.

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DrDetector said:
Gman,

If you did a currency tracking list I would participate. I search more currency than I do coin so I would be inclined to disclose my finds more because it would be interesting to see what all else everybody else is finding.

In my opinion, the tracking list we have is already pretty long. Why can't the currency tracking list be put in the paper money section? The paper money section is pretty dead and a tracking list there might bring some more life to it. Just my two cents worth.

-Codes

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Codes said:
DrDetector said:
Gman,

In my opinion, the tracking list we have is already pretty long. Why can't the currency tracking list be put in the paper money section? The paper money section is pretty dead and a tracking list there might bring some more life to it. Just my two cents worth.

-Codes

Currency tracking doesn't belong as part of the same coin tracking list that is in this forum but would belong in the currency forum...hmmm.....I'll think about it.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Sorry for any confusion, I meant if there were a separate currency tracking list in the paper money section. And yes, agreed, that forum is pretty dead and it may bring life to it. It would be difficult to make a tracking list for currency though, as there as so many more varities per series, like FRB/serial block combinations, Web note combinations, star notes by print run, etc. It would be interesting though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread