Bad Bank

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
There is a particular bank chain around here that never has halves and would not bother to look if they had any. So I don't bother going in.

Yesterday I saw a Brinks truck arrive at one of the branches of this bank so I thought I would stop in and buy a box of dimes. I ask the teller for a box and she asks me, quite rudely what business I have. I told her that I don't have a business. Then she said well if you don't have a business we don't have any dimes.
I left,ran a few errands,and came upon another branch of the same bank. I had an idea for this one.

I went into the bank and told the teller that I own several businesses and was thinking of opening an account with them next week when I have the time.
I asked for a business card and business account brosures.

Well out comes the red carpet treatment. After meeting the bank manager and getting her card,I thank the teller, and as I'm about to leave I ask her for a box of dimes. She sells me a box,and asks if there is anything else she could do for me. So I ask her if she has any halves.
She bends down behind the counter and is fishing around for a couple of minutes (in what must be her personal stash) and comes up with a Franklin. As she is giving it to me she says,"this is real silver",. I fork over two quarters and tell her,"these are real quarters".

Upvote 0

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Wow, what an awful place to do business. Maybe you should give that method a try at the other branches as well. If you don't mind me asking, which bank is it that is treating you like this?
Anthony

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I had my way with any bank I would dump them all. They are there to make money, not yours. They take your savings, loan out your money at 7-??% and give you a measly 2% for keeping it there. I Bank with Chase and I hate it. But the fact is, you really can't live without them The system has us all tied up and there's no way around it. No credit card, no reservations. No checking or savings, no loan or appt. rental. The government in general has made it that way. We are working slaves to the high almighty and that's it.

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Well,when we squeeze silver out of the banks at face value, it's kind of a payback. I really enjoy trading some green paper for silver.

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rich, does that bank happen to start with a 'Ch' and end with 'ase'?

-Codes

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i live in rural alabama and there are 5 banks in my hometown. up to about 10 years ago all of these banks were mom and pop outfits with local owners. now all have been bought out by bigger banks with main offices miles away. i have had the same checking account since i was 16 years old when i got my first job. i am 41 now and about twice a year a teller makes the remark about my account number. when the bigger banks bought out the hometown bank all of the account numbers changed. mine did not. i have kept it for almost 26 years. they have tried to get me to close it and re-open another account several times but i always say no thanks. i wish i had more to choose from here but before all this buy out by the bigger guys we had about 20 banks here, now only 5 (some big guys bought multiple banks). should be interesting to see what the next few years hold for the banks. guess we can just wait and see, and yes i too love to strip the silver out of the banks at face

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
i would double my searches and dump on them sob's hard....ignorant woman would have gotten an earfull from me....miss high and mighty....she would have been cryin by the time i was through embarrassing her

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
mistergee said:
i would double my searches and dump on them sob's hard....--deleted-- woman would have gotten an earfull from me....miss high and mighty....she would have been cryin by the time i was through embarrassing her
Yes, and you will have proven that you are indeed a real macho type, a man's man.

Silver Sniper

Dec 17, 2008
Luckily I live in the burbs and have the novelty of 8 different banks on one strip so I can have 5 diff accounts. Some tellers are nice and friendly but some hate you and will deter you by threatening w/ fees. At chase the told me that they would charge me fees and I asked how much and they couldnt figure it out. Eventually the took my 5 hundreds and gave me two boxes of dimes w/o a charge. I usually tell them that I have several accounts and have no problem doing business at those other banks. I also mention that I hold stock in their company or that Ive been banking there for 22 years and am pissed that they are treating me like this. It helps to be nice to the tellers and give the banks a break once in a while by not dumping at the banks you got the coins from. Or trying to go through $1000 worth of pennies in a week from one branch. Also avoid banks on friday after noon when every one is cashing checks. Hope this helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions