GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The same as last year....anything picked up before midnight tonight counts towards the 2008 tracking list....from 12:01 on....towards 2009 list.

The example i gave before was.....say you picked up a box 5 years ago, but didn't open it until today....do you think that should count toward 2008 totals? In my opinion they were removed from circulation in 2003 and should count toward totals for that year...

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
The example i gave before was.....say you picked up a box 5 years ago, but didn't open it until today....do you think that should count toward 2008 totals? In my opinion they were removed from circulation in 2003 and should count toward totals for that year...
Gman i respect your opinion and your example is a good one..although i can't imagine that anyone would hold a box for 5 yrs..maybe it is a debate on semantics but they are year end total finds....so if you bought the coins before midnight on New Years eve but did not open them until after midnight wouldn't your FINDS be in 2009....not sure if there is a right answer for this one but i will go along with anything you guys say here as i am new to all this

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:
Gman i respect your opinion and your example is a good one..although i can't imagine that anyone would hold a box for 5 yrs..maybe it is a debate on semantics but they are year end total finds....so if you bought the coins before midnight on New Years eve but did not open them until after midnight wouldn't your FINDS be in 2009....not sure if there is a right answer for this one but i will go along with anything you guys say here as i am new to all this

For the tracking list purposes, I just decided that when you pick them up is the easiest. No its not likely that anyone would hold something for 5 years.... but I frequently pick up large amounts and although they were available to be searched immediately..I sometimes don't get to all of them for days or even weeks later....so although I may have searched through them later, I could have found them the day I picked them up, thus I use the pick up date for tracking.

Basically to set the rules for the tracking list, I had to pick one "when searched" or "when picked up". When picked up seemed cleaner so I went with it.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Ok just to throw my 2 cents in.

I think they are counted on the day you found them. Regardless of when they were picked up, orderd or packed.

If I had to report my finds by Dec. 31st at midnight and could not go back and update the totals after that, it would be hard to post accurate numbers / stats in that scenario.

Let me pose this question.

If I orderd my boxes on Dec. 26th but did not take delivery till Dec 31st but due to the holiday could not get to them till Jan 2nd and the CWI box was dated DEC. 3rd

How should I score the finds.?

To me it's easy I found them in 2009..............

Sorry to disagree with the master on this one.

Mojo

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coinmojo said:
Ok just to throw my 2 cents in.

I think they are counted on the day you found them. Regardless of when they were picked up, orderd or packed.

If I had to report my finds by Dec. 31st at midnight and could not go back and update the totals after that, it would be hard to post accurate numbers / stats in that scenario.

Let me pose this question.

If I orderd my boxes on Dec. 26th but did not take delivery till Dec 31st but due to the holiday could not get to them till Jan 2nd and the CWI box was dated DEC. 3rd

How should I score the finds.?

To me it's easy I found them in 2009..............

Sorry to disagree with the master on this one.

Mojo

How you count them towards your personal finds is really up to you....my line is only for tracking list purposes. As I mentioned above I had to pick one of the two options just so that everyone followed the same rules...

In all honesty what's most important is making sure to not count them in both years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread