Year end push rewards me with dream rolls!

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I'd been reading here about everyone's end of year totals and thought I'd try and push my year end totals up a but so out I went scrounging around for halves and had a nice surprise. I was at my dump bank cashing out when a teller says "Some lady dropped off some old halves yesterday if you want them. She had them in plastic cases...". I'm getting excited at this and he brings out $250 in hand rolls. Not as much as I was dreaming about after hearing about the plastic cases but still scored three dream rolls out of them! :thumbsup:

Later in the day I called around to a few banks and one said they had $30 worth. Seemed like most of the banks in this town had been hit lately but I had the day off so took a little 20 mile drive to check it out. They still had the $30 worth at the bank I'd talked to so I grabbed them and checked them in the car. One roll was solid silver! Two scores in one day.

End of the year luck must have been really flowing cause I still had four Brinks boxes to check for the final tally. First box, first roll, a BU 60 Franklin! Pulled a dozen 40% and 3 BU Franklins. Not a single skunk box and pulled another 25 40%. Final tally for the day - 104 40%, 2 90% Kennedy, 3 Franklins, an 84-s, 96-s, 06-s, about 30 NIFC including the 08-d which I needed to complete my Kennedy set and a couple silver roosevelts to finish it all off! I doubled my monthly take of 40% in one day. :icon_king:

Sure was a nice way to finish off the year - Happy New Year to everyone and may the silver flow for 2009!

Maine_Jim

Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great way to end the year

HH
-GC

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Glad someone was lucky yesterday. There is a bank I went to end of '07 and asked about the bag in the coin counter- left my # for when the bag got full. Never got a call so yesterday I took some halves with me to see ifn I could top the bag off and buy it. Talked them into it but....... the vault teller is off and she is the only one who can do the necessary paperwork to sell me the bag. I was hoping that bag would help me reach a goal but instead NOT. I will go Tuesday and hope they haven't changed their minds- may be a nice kickstart to this years totals. HH Mark

OP
OP
maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Good luck on the bag. I've never talked them into selling one. Tried all the sweet talk and anything else I could think of but still no luck. I imagine if I could just get them to do it once they would relent and sell them to me on a regular basis. I'll keep on trying though.... :wink:

The bank that had the $250 in rolls this day is so used to hearing me ask for halves that I'm the only one they think of when they see them. Also this branch seems to have mostly younger tellers in their early 30s or younger. Younger tellers usually equals lack of silver knowledge or lack of a care about it. Not always true but I always target the younger tellers...not trying to be ageist just seems to be true for my treasure hunting. :thumbsup:

Maine_Jim

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job on the end of the year silver boost!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread