2009 pennies?

Silver Sniper

Dec 17, 2008
Ive been on the prowl for a box of uncirculated 2009 pennies but no bank says they can order them! Has anyone had any luck or would know what banks do this? I really want to get some uncirculated pennies and Im hoping that I can get some early errors if the mint decides to change the coin like the did in 1909 w/ the vdb initials.

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi sniper,
First you will have to wait for them to be released. Banks can't order them if they aren't available. Check the mint's website for release date. After that they should begin to show up at the banks. With all the design changes this year they should get them rather quickly.

Happy Hunting!

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
The pennies I believe are not even due for delivery until mid Feb. When they start hitting the banks I will surely get them. If you want to PM me at that time I know I can get some uncirculated pennies. Remember (someone can correct me if im wrong) but the federal reserve does not roll coins anymore, they are contracted by companies like CWI. So you are probably going to get some of them mixed in with other coins that have been sent back from banks. I have had good luck this year with getting solid rolls of '08 pennies, nickels, and dimes so I am sure I can get solid rolls of the new pennies as they come out. Also there is four different coin designs coming out this year spread out over 12 months. I hope this helps you out. When they do come out just go to your normal source bank and get boxes you should get the new lincoln pennies.
Good Luck,
Jason

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe me Shake, when the new cents are delivered to the wrapping companies that will be all they wrap until the supply is gone.

Happy Hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread