Dump Banks | Sites

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I've been CRH'ing off and on for the past few years, and I've recently moved to Florida. My bank in PA had the coin counting machine, but my bank in Florida doesn't have one nor does any of the area branches (BoA). I've been calling around to the area banks to see if they accept loose change deposits, but so far no luck. I refuse to use Coinstar as I'm too cheap and refuse to pay the fees. What banks/sites does everybody use for dumping the loose change? So far this past year, I've been forced to re-roll the coins. Quite frankly, it takes the fun out of the hobby.

Upvote 0

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just keep calling around. There has to be at least one in your area. If you can't find any, I guess you'll just have to quit and leave the silver for the rest of us. J/K!!!! (Maybe) :icon_jokercolor: :icon_jokercolor: :icon_jokercolor:

-Codes

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Check on google for coin counting machines with your town. Also check to see if there is a NBT bank in your area, from what i know around here every NBT branch has a free machine, whether you are a customer or not.

Good luck,
Jason

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Keep on searchin', funny thing, my large branch banks do not have coin counters. My small credit union has a nice one, (no fee with $5k min balance). My other CU I am able to dump in loose $500 increments, normally only a couple bags a week as their "vault" is miniscule.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
yea i have got to find more dumping options myself, i hate the idea of having to re-roll clad, but if it comes to it i guess i will have to. we have a coinstar machine at the kroger here but i don't want to pay the fees (that really takes the fun out of it to me). the banks around here without a machine will only take rolled coins (if you have an account) so they can credit/debit the account if there is any miscounting on your part.

my dump bank with the machine (that is down right now) a teller there said that the halves is what tears the machine up.??? i think the next time a teller says something like that i am going to see if they will set me up with a scale and take bags from me. LJ said they did it for her.

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Try the "main street" type area of your town/city. They ALWAYS have the main-ish branches of at least half a dozen banks, and then tend to be bigger, better, and more often contain a coin counter due to the heavier customer/business traffic.

~Dave

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
you can always check mapquest and search banks for the city you live in or will be traveling to. a phone number is included and you can just call and ask if they have a machine and if there is any fee charged to use it. i had to do this when i was planning my next road trip because i want to hit all 70 banks in the city and i only have 2000.00 to roll hunt with right now, so if i get lucky and get alot of rolls and my cash runs out, i will have to stop and search and dump before i can continue, so i had to know where the machines were located.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread