$100 in pennies today= Indian, steel, etc...

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I went back to the bank were I found the Indian head the other day. They sold me a hundred in hand rolled. I was in disbelief when I saw a worn Indian roll out for the second time in three days- 1891. It is also worn, not dirty like the other, so these may be separate. Then, I saw this zinc with no plating on it. I think it is an error as opposed to acid-treated because it is rather shinny, but I posted pics to be sure. Also a dime found in pocket change what looks weird, is it an error too? But, back to the pennies. I rounded the bags out with a 1943 steel cent, a 2005 Irish 2 Cent Euro, 30 other wheats, and 3 pre-60 Canadians. BTW, I got Nickels and dimes too, so don't be surprised if I come in here next time with V's and Barbers :wink:

HH
-GC

Attachments

• IMG_3330.JPG
    IMG_3330.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_3331.JPG
    IMG_3331.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_3332.JPG
    IMG_3332.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_3334.JPG
    IMG_3334.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_3335.JPG
    IMG_3335.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 240
Upvote 0

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Re: $100 in pennies today= Indian, steel, ect...

Man do you penny guys make me jelous. I went through dozens of penny boxes over the summer and didn't find a SINGLE indian or even a steal! =(

Happy for YOU though! Would be nice to be happy for myself once in a while... lol =)

The zinc penny could just be a science experiment penny... seen a TON of different zinc age pennies. You know... throw a penny in a various solution and watch color/chemicals either attach to it or leave it. Kinda like a plated/coated half.

~Dave

OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BBcardsRI said:
Man do you penny guys make me jelous. I went through dozens of penny boxes over the summer and didn't find a SINGLE indian or even a steal! =(

Happy for YOU though! Would be nice to be happy for myself once in a while... lol =)

The zinc penny could just be a science experiment penny... seen a TON of different zinc age pennies. You know... throw a penny in a various solution and watch color/chemicals either attach to it or leave it. Kinda like a plated/coated half.

~Dave

I don't think it is one of those, i've seen plenty of them. It has the same finish as a penny (shine), while an acid-treated/plated should have a duller look.

HH
-GC

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!!! Love the ole Injun!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: