palnning my vacation - Road trip up the east coast

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Heres a question for all you East Coasters. Which states have backs with coin machines that separate into bags? I will be diving from Florida to Mass and plan on hitting a bunch of banks along the way. i get boxes here in Florida, but i have not seen any banks where there coin machines actually separate the denominations. Down here some of the banks have coin counting machines and it dumps it into one big box. Brinks takes it away and sorts. When you guys say that you find a bank that has almost a full bag of halves, is this in a machine in the customer area, or is in behind the tellers.

Also, what chain banks (like BOA and such) have the machines for dumping. i dont feel like putting everything back into rolls.

Upvote 0

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
We are VERY sparse on coin counter machines up here in Rhode Island.

I think ALL "Bank of Newport"'s have them though... as do most "Domestic" banks.

Don't bother with "Citizen's" banks up here... NONE have counters. And although I haven't been to as many BOA's and Sovereigns as the other banks mentioned... none of the dozen or so combined up here have had a coin counter.

Hope that helps a little!

~Dave

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
There is only one bank chain in Hampton Roads with counting machines. Navy Federal. The machines sort and seperate into bags and are in the lobby area in most of the banks. Have to be a member to use them. Sometimes they can sell bags, sometimes they cannot.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
we have boxes here in alabama as well, there are a few banks that have the machines that sort the dumps into bags, but i have not been able to get them to sell me one as of yet. the ones i have asked say that they have to send the bags back to brinks, one day while i was dumping halves the bag filled up and had to be changed. when the teller took the bag out i could plainly see multiple silver halves in the bag. i asked her if she would sell me the bag she just removed and she said all the bags had to go to brinks. i wish i could get bags instead of boxes sometimes, most of my time is spent unrapping rolls. i only edge search so i can do a box of halves on less than 30 minutes. good luck on your search

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I agree with Narth. Here in good old Virginia it is just coin star and Navy Federal. If you are millitary or retired you can become a member and use the machines and even buy bags sometimes. Good Luck.

-Golden Silver

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
TD Bank has free counters in the lobby. They have locations in D.C., northern DE, eastern PA, all of NJ, southern NY and CT-at least.
yep..TD Bank North....free coin counting at thier Penny Arcade....they are my dump bank here in Phila.....they usually don't sell thier bags so you wont get my dumps there.....unless they reroll themselves....but i doubt it....alot of other banks around here have counters but have not been able to buy bags yet....good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread