Reject chute find

gtlfindings

Jan 11, 2007
ny
Detector(s) used
TESORO DeLeon
Whenever I dump at my dump bank The reject tube is a half round peice of pvc and when they close the door alot of times it gets stuck slightly up out of the return bin so after I dump I sick my fingers up and am able to wiggle the tube making the coins slide forward. Well today I got a 1939 quarter and 2 silver dimes 1964,52 plus some foreign off the magnet....Always check that the tube for the reject chute is in the proper position or you may lose some of your reject coins as well!! Another little trick is tell the tellr or person who tends to the coin machine..I think some of my rejects are in the chut I can feel it its just out of my fingers reach...When they open it up hold out you coin bucket and say thanks Ill use those to start saving again!! Then check out side alot of coin machines reject silver and thats what a teller told me and I seem to agree...By the way I'll give the bank up its Commerce which is now TD Bank!! The penny arcade don't believe me check out the coin return and feel in the opening where the pipe should exit!!!!! Happy hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gerald

Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
GOOD STUFF. I have yet to find silver in reject bin but I have found two small gold rings. ;D

-Golden Silver

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Way to go! Congratulations on your urban treasure hunt - those are the best type of finds for me!!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
Whenever I dump at my dump bank The reject tube is a half round peice of pvc and when they close the door alot of times it gets stuck slightly up out of the return bin so after I dump I sick my fingers up and am able to wiggle the tube making the coins slide forward. Well today I got a 1939 quarter and 2 silver dimes 1964,52 plus some foreign off the magnet....Always check that the tube for the reject chute is in the proper position or you may lose some of your reject coins as well!! Another little trick is tell the tellr or person who tends to the coin machine..I think some of my rejects are in the chut I can feel it its just out of my fingers reach...When they open it up hold out you coin bucket and say thanks Ill use those to start saving again!! Then check out side alot of coin machines reject silver and thats what a teller told me and I seem to agree...By the way I'll give the bank up its Commerce which is now TD Bank!! The penny arcade don't believe me check out the coin return and feel in the opening where the pipe should exit!!!!! Happy hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gerald
DUDE!!!.....now my secret is out ;D....got scars on the tops of my fingers from diggin in that pvc....TD is my dump and i always get something out of the chute....sometimes the tellers close the door with one of the bags blocking the chute....i just push it aside and clean out all the trapped coins....guess my finds will be smaller now ;D

OP
OP
gtlfindings

gtlfindings

Jan 11, 2007
ny
Detector(s) used
TESORO DeLeon
LMAO :D Sorry About that....There are tons of TDs out there so don't worry...My knuckles look like chop meat too....I've learned just tell them some coins are left in the chute but I cant reach em and they'll open em for you.I mostly use that on heavy dump weeks when my knucks are raw. Sorry for letting the "coin out of the chute! :-X
Gerald
Good luck out there!!!!!
P.S dont forget the magnet!!! Tons of foreign there

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
no problem....your right about there being lots of them around...here in Philly banks are in clusters with 6 or 7 different branches within blocks of each other and most always 1 TD North Bank

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i was going to check the reject tray the other day when i dumped, but a kid was hanging around the machine, he had already gotten what if anything that was there, he was eye level with the tray.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet!!

mistergee said:
DUDE!!!.....now my secret is out ;D....got scars on the tops of my fingers from diggin in that pvc....

Now that is funny MG......

OP
OP
gtlfindings

gtlfindings

Jan 11, 2007
ny
Detector(s) used
TESORO DeLeon
Check out my reject finds for today!! Total shocker!!!
Gerald

Attachments

• scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 180

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250