First Buffalo

Mercury63

Oct 20, 2008
With my bank charging for halves and my dime finds slowing a bit, I figured I would start off 2009 by trying a box of nickels today. First nickel box I ever did, 2 months ago, I got a V nickel. This was my fourth lifetime box. About halfway thru I snapped open a roll. I usually don't open rolls this way, but I got impatient and didn't feel like unraveling the roll. When I snapped the roll in half, only one coin came out. It leaped in the air and landed right on my lap, face -up. My first Buffalo nickel ! A 1928 p in G-VG condition. What a way to take it out of the wild. Rest of box yielded 15 pre 1960. The Buffalo will go into my CRH Type set. Heres hoping you get off to a good start CRHing in 2009.

MERC 63

Upvote 0

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find. Hard to believe you can even still find Buffalo in the wild, even as rare as they are. :thumbsup:

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! i love buff's i havnt found 1 CRH but im working on a box of nickels right now! congrats :thumbsup:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on that wild buffalo, and it has a date too!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I found 4 last year and only 1 had a date. :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread