deathhare

Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive amassed a decent amount of silver. Too much really.
Mostly Kennedys halves. I know they arent worth THAT much but how many does a fella REALLY need?
I know the melt value is decently over the face value but whats the best thing to do with them if i want to turn them into more cash to support my other treasure hunting habits? ;D

Upvote 0

Ifyndit

Dec 15, 2007
The Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Corte's, Golden Sabre II, Minelab X-Terra50
Start calling your local coin dealers. Many of them buy silver and by shopping around you will get a good idea what they are paying. A local dealer near me (where I have sold many silver coins in the past) was paying 9X face for 90% and 3.1X Face for 40%. That was when silver was $10.88/oz about a week ago. Of course the more quantity you have the higher X face value they may pay.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Ebay is trading Kennedy 90% halves at 11 X face average, plus, buyer pays shipping. That's another option.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
If you sell on Ebay make sure you Insure it because there are a bunch of liars out there. Good luck on sellling your silver!

-Golden Silver

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Feebay can be rough... though silver is selling for like $17 an ounce which owns what 99.99% of dealers will pay.

Local dealers unless you are on a SUPER friendly first name basis will rip you off BAD.

~Dave

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
You don't mention what you have but I assume that you have more 40% than 90%. If I were you I would try Craiglist. I saw one buyer in Atlanta paying 9x face for pre-64. In the past I put a for sale posting on Craiglist for a few dollars more than APMEX buy price and was able to make contact with a local PM dealer that has developed into a good business relationship. If you don't mind let us know how much of each you have and I bet you would get a few takers here.

65GT350

LemonThrower

Jun 23, 2008
deathhare said:
Ive amassed a decent amount of silver. Too much really.
Mostly Kennedys halves. I know they arent worth THAT much but how many does a fella REALLY need?
I know the melt value is decently over the face value but whats the best thing to do with them if i want to turn them into more cash to support my other treasure hunting habits? ;D

I live in NW Atlanta and would be interested in buying them. Hit me up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread