🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So are you gonna propose to her or am I? :icon_scratch:

;D

Looks like they are the "poor mans" gold certificates. Awesome
Do they say redeemable in gold in the small text besides the head?

OP
OP
FunWithTreasure

FunWithTreasure

Oct 12, 2008
TreasureFiend said:

;D

No it says This Note is legal tender for all debts public and private, and is redeemable in lawful money at the united states treasury, or at any federal reserve bank.

LOL..She is all yours as long as I get to keep on getting the currency..

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
that is why it pays to make friends with the tellers,and be nice to all of them even the ones that treat you like crap. i always smile and say thank you no matter what. the other day i was at my dump bank and i had a teller call me over to the line and she gave me a 1967 kennedy.

S

seger98

Pretty nice teller you have there! I'd bring her some donuts!

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great teller!!!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FunWithTreasure said:
TreasureFiend said:

;D

No it says This Note is legal tender for all debts public and private, and is redeemable in lawful money at the united states treasury, or at any federal reserve bank.

LOL..She is all yours as long as I get to keep on getting the currency..

oh ok. I went looking through my bills and found both.

Attachments

• IMG_2056.JPG
    IMG_2056.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_2057.JPG
    IMG_2057.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 284

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Holy moly. That Teller is one nice person. Give them a big hug and send some good karma their way!!

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
as i have stated before i am a police officer in my home town. the funny thing about those 1928 series bills is they won't mark with one of those fake pens the bank uses to check bills. we get a call at least once amonth from a bank teller that says she has found a fake bill LOL. i just go to the bank and tell her/him i will take the bill and buy it from them. i say nothing else. got quite a few that way, and the teller always looks dumbfounded, i told one to call me everytime she gets one and gave her my card :D :D :D

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silvercop said:
as i have stated before i am a police officer in my home town. the funny thing about those 1928 series bills is they won't mark with one of those fake pens the bank uses to check bills. we get a call at least once amonth from a bank teller that says she has found a fake bill LOL. i just go to the bank and tell her/him i will take the bill and buy it from them. i say nothing else. got quite a few that way, and the teller always looks dumbfounded, i told one to call me everytime she gets one and gave her my card :D :D :D

Awesome!!!

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats awesome that your teller will hold them for you, my teller the other day asked me if i was interested in old paper currency at all, i told her yes so she will be pulling any old bills she notices for me :D

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silvercop said:

I saw that happen at McDonalds once.....they absolutely refused to take this lady's 1950 $10 bill (she had two of them)... I would have bought them, but I had no cash on me.

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
I was talking to my local coin dealer a few weeks ago about halves. Told him I loved spending them to see the reaction people give. He said he used one at a walmart not long ago. The girl at the register looked at it, flipped it over, and kept staring at both sides for a while. Then she looked up at him and said, "is this like a dollar or something?" He told her it was a half dollar,and she replied, "I cant take this." Kids these days.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Narthoniel said:
I was talking to my local coin dealer a few weeks ago about halves. Told him I loved spending them to see the reaction people give. He said he used one at a walmart not long ago. The girl at the register looked at it, flipped it over, and kept staring at both sides for a while. Then she looked up at him and said, "is this like a dollar or something?" He told her it was a half dollar,and she replied, "I cant take this." Kids these days.

You really wanna screw with young cashiers, pay with a $2 bill, Susan B $1, or an Ike $1... ;D

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureFiend said:
Narthoniel said:

You really wanna screw with young cashiers, pay with a $2 bill, Susan B $1, or an Ike $1... ;D

I used to occasionally pay with a combination of $2 bills, SBA $1, and half dollars..... :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions