Results of my first bag of halves

mick56

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATPro
A month ago I opened an account a a bank just to have another place to get some coins. This place had very few halfs, the couple times I asked about halfs, they had $2 or $3 worth. But the teller said I could get a dime box every week, so I never dumped there. The other day I stop to get my weekly dime box, the teller told me after Jan 1 there is now a $5 fee per box. I told her I would not be getting anymore dimes then.
I decide to now use this bank for dumping, so the next day I take a bunch of halves there. The coin machine is in the back, the teller dumps in my bucket and after about 1 second, it shuts off. She looks out and said the bag is full, she will have to change it. She does that and finishes my dumping. So, I ask if I can buy the $1000 bag of halfs. She says yes, the fee only applies to rolled coins. I asked how long that bag had been in the machine, she said a long long time. I buy the bag and am pretty excited about it. Figure there could be lots of silver!
Start going through the bag, not too much. Ended up, there was $999 in halfs, 6 of them were 40%, a car wash token, a quarter, 2 dimes, 1 penny and a key. No more exitement.

Attachments

• halves.jpg
    halves.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 155
Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250