Had a teller pull a fast one!

mysterio

Apr 12, 2006
Hello all; I am a lurker but fairly dedicated CRH'er in Florida. Had to meet with a client today so I stopped at a bank- typical "Do you have any halves?"..."Yes we do"...and I see the teller pull one out of her tray and whisper to the other teller "Silver"...at the same time the head teller said she had $150 in the vault...so I bit my lip and bought the rolls rather than fight for the one the teller poached. All was not lost- scored 1 40% and 1 90% out of the rolls. :D

I could have made a fuss and probably got the other half but just didn't have the spirit to argue today. Grrr...time to get a nice roll of 1974's and spray paint the edges silver and "give them back" to the poacher. :icon_pirat:

Upvote 0

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Never pass up an opportunity to pick one up from their tray.

Summon up the spirit. You are a CRHer, after all, ....right ? 8)

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sucks, but it happens.... :-X

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
They have the right to buy stuff from their trays and such as long as their specific bank doesn't have a rule against... doesn't make it feel any better when it happens though. =(

~Dave

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
That sux!

I spied a silver quarter at the bottom of the column of quarters in the tray, and asked to get change in quarters for a dollar. She started to grab from the top, and I said, "but could you take them from the bottom". She didn't ask why so I didn't have to explain anything away, and when she handed them to me she said, "these are brand new... oh and an old one". I guess she didn't really know what it was though because she never said "silver". I was doing a "cheek biting" thing because I was trying not to smile :)

Better luck next time!

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang that has to suck, being so close and having it pulled right in front of ya! Im just glad that my tellers pull silver but they pull it for me :D lol i walked in the bank today and the 1 teller on the end calls me over and puts a 64-D rosie in my hand :D of course i had to replace the dime with 1 of my own but ill take silver at face value any day :D lol HH

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
I had this happen to me today. The teller was counting them out and someone said to save the silver ones. So she pulled three 64's and set them to the side. I guess she didn't think that the Franklin halves were silver. So she gave me 6 Franklins ;D.

You just have to roll with it.

65GT350

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
The teller was counting them out and someone said to save the silver ones. So she pulled three 64's and set them to the side. I guess she didn't think that the Franklin halves were silver. So she gave me 6 Franklins .
thier lack of knowledge on coins is astounding

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread