WELCOME TO THE FORUM-----RULES OF COIN ROLL HUNTING

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I am sure I am not the only one who is noticing a lot of new comers to the Coin Roll Hunting Forum. So I just wanted to be the first to say Welcome to the best hobby known to man and Happy Hunting. Now I must swear each and every new comer to secracy and introduce you to the rules of Coin Roll Hunting.

THE RULES OF COIN ROLL HUNTING.

1ST RULE: YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT COIN ROLL HUNTING (EXCEPT ON THIS FORUM OR WITH OTHER COIN ROLL HUNTERS)

2ND RULE: YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT COIN ROLL HUNTING!!!!

3RD RULE: IF SOMEONE STOPS YOU AND ASKS "WHAT DO YOU DO WITH THOSE COINS?" AND YOU REPLY "I LOOK FOR SILVER."
IT'S OVER. THERE IS ANOTHER COIN ROLL HUNTER MADE AND YOU NEED TO REVIEW RULES 1 AND 2.

4TH RULE: WHEN SEARCHING ROLLS IN THE CAR DO IT AT A STOP LIGHT. (HEDE THE WARNING AND AVOIDE HAVING TO CLEAN UP THE SCATTERED COINS ALL OVER YOUR CAR)

5TH RULE: LET THE OLD LADY BEHIND YOU WITH A SANDWICH BAG OF PENNIES GO AHEAD OF YOU IN THE COIN MACHINE LINE BEFORE YOU DUMP YOUR THOUSANDS. (IT IS JUST THE RIGHT THING TO DO)

6TH RULE: WARE SHIRT AND SHOES WHEN ENTERING A BANK (PANTS OPTIONAL...LOL) NO BUT REALY LOOK PRESENTABLE AND YOU WILL HAVE MORE SUCCESS AND THE LADY TELLERS WILL BE MORE WILLING TO HELP YOU OUT. ITS TRUE.

7TH RULE: SEARCH AS LONG AS YOU HAVE TO. (THE KEY TO FINDING THE SILVER IS PERSISTANCE AND DEDICATION)

8TH RULE: IF THIS YOUR FIRST TIME COIN ROLL HUNTING YOU HAVE TO POST YOUR FINDS.

9TH RULE: DO NOT MARK YOUR DUMPS! (THIS MAY PISS SOME OF YOU OFF BUT IT IS JUST RESPECT TO THOSE FILLING UP ALBUMS I.M.O.)

10TH RULE: DO NOT DIVULGE THE LOCATIONS OF YOUR BANKS OR THE DATES AND TIMES THAT YOU PICK UP AND DROP OFF. (THERE ARE SOME CRAZIES OUT THERE THAT WILL TRY AND RUIN YOUR CRHING DAY)

GOOD LUCK YOU ALL IN 2009!

IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO ADD TO THE RULES THEY CAN. IT IS UP TO Y'ALL

Upvote 0

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's my additions....

RULE 9: IGNORE RULES 1 THROUGH 6

I know I break rules 1, 2, 3 and 4 frequently

I have yet to see a little old lady with a sandwich bag of pennies behind in line at the coin machine so I haven't been able to break the 5th RULE yet. Now the one with the coffee can full of half dollars on the other hand.....I "might" let her go through...unless I think she's the competition...

On the 6th RULE....Finding a place to carry your wallet can be a bit more difficult without pants. Nonetheless, I'll leave that one up to everyone's own discretion....But if you must go without pants....USE THE DRIVE-THRU!!!!!

RULE 7: I would rephrase to "SEARCH AS MANY COINS AS YOU CAN (THE KEY TO FINDING THE SILVER IS PERSISTANCE AND DEDICATION...ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE CRAZY ENOUGH TO SEARCH QUARTERS LIKE ME)"

RULE 8: I would reword to "POST ALL FINDS (OR LACK THEREOF) AND INCLUDE DATE AND MINTMARK ON ANY MORE DIFFICULT ONES."

RULE 10: ALL BICENTENNIAL HALF DOLLARS FOUND MUST IMMEDIATELY BE REMOVED FROM CIRCULATION AND BURIED IN YOUR BACKYARD

RULE 11: IF YOU HEAR SOMEBODY PURCHASING A "DIME BAG" AT THE BANK THERE IS NO NEED TO CALL THE POLICE

RULE 12: WHEN A BANK STARTS GIVING YOU THE F** WORD, TAKE A DUMP THERE, AND ANOTHER, AND ANOTHER, AND...

RULE 13: COIN MACHINES DON'T COUNT BULLETS VERY WELL, SO DON'T TRY TO CASH THEM IN

RULE 14: HaVe FuN!!!!

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Gman,

I like it...this is my fave and I think it actually should be added. "RULE 12: WHEN A BANK STARTS GIVING YOU THE F** WORD, TAKE A DUMP THERE, AND ANOTHER, AND ANOTHER, AND..."

to those who don't know the "F" word is Fee. Some banks grow tired of ordering boxes of coin and threaten us innocent coin roll hunters with added Fees. Our response is usually to run and then come back to that bank armed with a load of dumps. Uh...dump coins that is. We are in no way encouraging anyone to bring in a bag of some other sort of dump to these banks. Thanks Gman to the thoughtful additions to the list.

-Golden Silver

P.S Rule # 15 do not ignore rules 1 through 6 :-X

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
You guys are awesome.

Though I must ammend rule 13... though they DO NOT count bullets well... they tend to count tokens, keys, and foreign coins VERY well... as by the large amount of them we get in our bags!

~Dave

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
in rule #5...not only is it the right thing to do,but she just may have dumped some IH pennys that might wind up in the reject tray for you to fish out.....or if your lucky she filled the penny bag and you might be able to buy it and search it
how about this one...
Rule #16...DO NOT MARK YOUR DUMPS :cussing:

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
RULE 17

U must plan a trip abroad within the next yr to spend all of your foriegn coins, since there is no other way to get rid of them

RULE 18
Treat your good tellers good, ( aka. D&D) it will pay off in the end

Rule 19
When you find the mean bitchy teller who hates her job ( and it shouldnt take long) do everything in your power to insure she is the teller that takes you when your dumping. I dont care if you let others cut or cut the line yourself to ensure this, its essential.

RULE20
If you find a barber and post " i found a Barber" in the forum no one wil care. YOU MUST MAKE A CHEESY HAIRCUTTING REFERANCE.

RULE 21
LJ is best CRHer alive you will not top her totals so do not try. LOL

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
ugotit22 said:
RULE20
If you find a barber and post " i found a Barber" in the forum no one wil care. YOU MUST MAKE A CHEESY HAIRCUTTING REFERANCE.

RULE 21

Best rules EVER!

~Dave

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
ugotit22 said:
RULE 21
You guys haven't figured out yet that clad half dollars turn into silver in her presence LOL. HH Mark

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rule 22 - Do NOT make YouTube videos of yourself Coin Roll Hunting. I mean no disrespect to those that have made videos of themselves because I truly do enjoy the videos. However it only shows people how EASY CRHing is and if more people see how easy it is the supply of silver will run out faster than you can blink your eyes. Also, what happens if some bigwig at a banks sees these videos? I realize that they already know people CRH, but seeing a video of it might make something click in his/her head and make them want to cut it off for good.

Remember, this is a fragile hobby and it takes just one person to enact a rule or policy that could make it hard or shut it down for good

Also, if they want to find out about Coin Roll Hunting, they can come to the forum and learn about it themselves. That's how I learned. If its meant to happen....it will.

-Codes

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rule 23 - NO posting on websites/forums as this is a fragile hobby and some bigwigs at a bank may see this and shut us down! Infact we need to petition the moderators to shut the CRH section of TNet down for the safety of our hobby!!! When you yahoo search "Coin Roll Hunting" TNet is the very first result & on Google it is #3. We are all killing this hobby... LOL

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets get that petition ready! I'm starting it as soon as I get home from work!!!!

-Codes

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
TreasureFiend said:
Rule 23 - NO posting on websites/forums as this is a fragile hobby and some bigwigs at a bank may see this and shut us down! Infact we need to petition the moderators to shut the CRH section of TNet down for the safety of our hobby!!! When you yahoo search "Coin Roll Hunting" TNet is the very first result & on Google it is #3. We are all killing this hobby... LOL

Hell yea i say we make our forum password protected

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL - that would work!!! ;D

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Codes said:
Rule 22 - Do NOT make YouTube videos of yourself Coin Roll Hunting. I mean no disrespect to those that have made videos of themselves because I truly do enjoy the videos. However it only shows people how EASY CRHing is and if more people see how easy it is the supply of silver will run out faster than you can blink your eyes.

What about the article at the bottom of this page? From W&E Treasure. Is it allowed to write articles and put them in magazines, so others can learn?

;-)

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jrf30 said:
Codes said:
Rule 22 - Do NOT make YouTube videos of yourself Coin Roll Hunting. I mean no disrespect to those that have made videos of themselves because I truly do enjoy the videos. However it only shows people how EASY CRHing is and if more people see how easy it is the supply of silver will run out faster than you can blink your eyes.

What about the article at the bottom of this page? From W&E Treasure. Is it allowed to write articles and put them in magazines, so others can learn?

;-)

LOL - good one ;D I forgot about that story on the bottom.

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
So far I love the variety from you all. Coin Roll Hunters are a great bunch of people. Y'all rock.

TreasureFiend said:
jrf30 said:
Codes said:

I agree no offense
Silver Stripe said:
ugotit22 said:
RULE 21
You guys haven't figured out yet that clad half dollars turn into silver in her presence LOL. HH Mark

I plan on beating her totals this year....of course she is temporarily retired. And yes it is true she can turn clad to silver that is the only explanation... she is the beatiful witch of the South.

Rule #16...DO NOT MARK YOUR DUMPS :cussing:

Much Respect for the Coins

Keep em coming and we will revise the rules after everyone has replied.

-Golden Silver

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread