SCOUTING REPORT - CANADA CENT ROLLS

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
I worked a trade with Canadian member Dazoff and recieved forty rolls of canada cents from his bank. In a quick sort there was one 1938, one 1939, one 1940 and one 1945. It's easy to note the difference between a male head and a female head so I was mainly wanting the modern cents that i don't have in my sets. There were 138 US cents with five of them dug. There were no US wheat cents and one canada nickel dime dated 1995. Didn't expect anyone would care about lincoln memorials but if enough people want it i can make a list of the US dates i found. I put them in a ziplock when i pulled them. siegfried schlagrule

Upvote 0

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
i find foreign coin roll searching very interesting and would LOVE to give Canadian halfs a try....thanks for the scouting report

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:
i find foreign coin roll searching very interesting and would LOVE to give Canadian halfs a try....thanks for the scouting report

I don't think Canada has made half dollars in some time. A friend in Detroit used to travel there quite a bit and would get me half dollars when he could which wasn't often.

OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Dazoff would know what is and isn't available. You could ask him BUT the shipping would kill you on halfs. siegfried schlagrule

srcdco

Dec 11, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Nox-800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with Canadian halves. First, the silver halves are larger than their current halves, so they won't fit in a roll. Second, when I was in Canada a few years ago, I couldn't find any at any banks (they didnt' know what I was talking about when I said "halves" - they call them "50 cent pieces"). Also, each bank wanted to charge me a fee for buying any coin because I'm not a customer. You'd be much better off with dimes (10 cent pieces) and quarters (25 cent pieces). They do seem to want to divorce themselves from the American names of coins. I've even seen Canadian cent wrappers labeled "coppers".

Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread