My grandparents are awsome

twitchmn

Jan 4, 2009
well yesterday I was at my grandparents house and they know i'm a big coin collector and I brought up the subject on pennies and my grandma said hold on zach stay there I'll be back. so she goes up stairs when she comes down she hands me a super old HUMO cigar bax that was really heavy. it was kinda rusty so we put a news paper under it so i opended it and there was like 30-40 rolls of pennies. half of them were weat pennies 3-were steel and the rest were BU pennies from the 70's. I was thrilled. then she said theres more so we wen't upstairs and there was a safe that i had know idea they had so we opend it and i was stunned. I had 100 proof and mint sets in it and a tin box full of forigen coin some were german from wwII and another bigger box filled with us coins. In there were at least 40-50 V nickles 20 morgans and peace dollars,"one morgan was an 1890cc", andmy favorite coin of all an1893 isabella quarter in xf condition. that was just some of the coins but any way i asked my grandma were did these come from she told me that they were her dad's who dide before i was born and she said they're mine now. :thumbsup: I could not beileve it i gave my grandma a big hug and kiss and thanked her a million times. that was one of the best days of my life.

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Cow - that is AWESOME!!!!!
I wish I could get an isabella quarter for free!!!!! :thumbsup:

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any pictures?

S

seger98

I've got a good collection going for my granddaughter, I hope she'll be as happy as you are when she gets it! :thumbsup:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Great Story and now you have some coins that even us guys that have been collecting for years don't have. Good Job.

-Golden Silver

OP
OP
T

twitchmn

Jan 4, 2009
i will post pics when i go out to my grandmas house because the safe is really big and heavy so i can't bring it home but i now the combination and i'm aloud to get into it when ever

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoaa congrats on those finds!!! Can't wait to see the pictures.... :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread