HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the time, I find about half of all my rolls to be copper.

Jimmy@romega

Dec 4, 2008
rome, ga
Not worth but .01 cent no matter how you look at it. The only ones that really worth anything is dbl dies, if you are a coin collector and find them in mint state keep them in a book. It probably be another 20 years or so before they would be worth anything significant. 2009 there will be a temporarly new design then possibly and new permantly design 2010 for the next 50 years. But if the design in 2010 is the same or near the same the pre-82 memmorals are junk IMO.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HolyDiver said:
Most of the time, I find about half of all my rolls to be copper.

yep same here. I just toss them back into the wild.

phillips24

Aug 28, 2008
Illinois
There is an active market right now for the pre 82 cents. Check out apmex.com and look under cents. Also do a quick ebay search. True right now they are just barely worth over 1cent but mid last year they were at 2.2cents each. Copper is in the same situation as silver and gold and will only rise during inflation. If anyone is even remotely interested check out the forum at http://realcent.forumco.com

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I saved about 100 bucks worth of the coppers last year when the value of copper was up, now they are just sitting in the back of my closet.........I am just gonna let them sit there.lol

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i have 500 dollars in face sitting in the back of my closet too, don't really care to stock pile anymore right now, i am in the hobby for the SILVER

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread