I hate state quarters and they hate me!

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
We all hate the new state quarters (well, "new" isn't quite the right term for a dragged out program that has been going on for 10 years and is slated to continue even further) because they now make up what seems like 50% of all quarters in circulation. But I REALLY hate them! And now I hate them even more!

A friend of mine who lives in England has been making a set of them but the person she traded with fell out of touch, so she asked me to help her get the last 6. I agreed.

I went to the bank yesterday and bought three rolls of customer quarters thinking that that would be enough. Found 4 out of 6 in there, all 4 were the new 08 ones, leaving me one more 08 and Utah (07).

Knowing my luck finding coins I need for sets and such I returned the 3 rolls and bought another 7. First roll gave me the last 08 leaving me needing Utah. When I finished those 7 rolls... STILL no Utah.

Returned the quarters and complained about how much I hate them to a teller I know... she checked the $3ish she had in her tray and what do you know... a Utah!

I go through $100... she goes through $3 and she beats me!

Grrrrr... I hope all these state quarters melt in hell! =)

~Dave

Upvote 0

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Hey, thats not bad. You should see how many rolls I have gone through to try and get every one and every mint for a set. Too bad you didnt nab any silver in the process tho.

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Hey ~Dave good news for you. The quarter program is going atleast another 10 years.... They are now going to make a quarter for state parks. One state park for every state, they will start after the 2009 territory quarters... Thought you would get a kick out of that.

Jason

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate them too! It does make it easier while CRHing quarters for silver though. But unfortunately it looks like they'll be around for a while. :tard:

-Codes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread