I hate state quarters and they hate me!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Silvaaaaa hunter!

May 2008
    Rhode Island
    1 times

I hate state quarters and they hate me!

We all hate the new state quarters (well, "new" isn't quite the right term for a dragged out program that has been going on for 10 years and is slated to continue even further) because they now make up what seems like 50% of all quarters in circulation. But I REALLY hate them! And now I hate them even more!

A friend of mine who lives in England has been making a set of them but the person she traded with fell out of touch, so she asked me to help her get the last 6. I agreed.

I went to the bank yesterday and bought three rolls of customer quarters thinking that that would be enough. Found 4 out of 6 in there, all 4 were the new 08 ones, leaving me one more 08 and Utah (07).

Knowing my luck finding coins I need for sets and such I returned the 3 rolls and bought another 7. First roll gave me the last 08 leaving me needing Utah. When I finished those 7 rolls... STILL no Utah.

Returned the quarters and complained about how much I hate them to a teller I know... she checked the $3ish she had in her tray and what do you know... a Utah!

I go through $100... she goes through $3 and she beats me!

Grrrrr... I hope all these state quarters melt in hell! =)

~Dave
    Nickels needed to complete the 1938 - 1961 book (3 total): 1939-D, 1943-D, 1950-D

Nickels needed to complete the 1962 - 1995 book: NONE! Book Complete!

Nickels needed to complete the 1996-2008+ book: NONE! Book Complete! (Through 2008)

us
    Jul 2008
    Virginia Beach
    Excal 2 and E Trac
    4 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Re: I hate state quarters and they hate me!

Hey, thats not bad. You should see how many rolls I have gone through to try and get every one and every mint for a set. Too bad you didnt nab any silver in the process tho.
    It is amazing what men will do for an extra inch.

Dec 2007

Hey ~Dave good news for you. The quarter program is going atleast another 10 years.... They are now going to make a quarter for state parks. One state park for every state, they will start after the 2009 territory quarters... Thought you would get a kick out of that.

Jason
    Wheats      22,368
    IH cent            25
    Flying Eagle        2
    V-Nickels            0
    Buffalo             11
    "War" Nickels   429
    pre 65 Dimes    32
    Silver Canadian   1
    pre 65 Quarters  0
    Franklin Halves    0
    1964 Kennedy    8
    40%  Halves     93
    Blank Planchets  5

us
    Feb 2007
    United States
    White's M6
    97 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

I hate them too! It does make it easier while CRHing quarters for silver though. But unfortunately it looks like they'll be around for a while.

-Codes

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links