How often to hunt?

scavenger

Oct 21, 2004
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre (Soon to be teknetics T2SE)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
how often to you got out and hit the banks, do you have a schedule? Seems to be a bit of competition in my area so I want to have the upper hand ;D. Is once a day overkill? I have 10 banks near my home that I can hit so driving distance isn't an issue, would every other day be more sensible or just once a week? I want to get the most out of it while I can before fishing weather gets here, and after my hand fully heals in another couple weeks I'll have to go back to work, so what say you?

Upvote 0

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
well here is my quick rundown. I started CRHing becuase I am retired at age 34. Well kinda retired I owned a sign and printing business untill Sept 2007, when I suffered a serious back injury. I sold my business and had surgery in march of 08. I then started to CRH very litely, about $30 week. In november of 08 i started full steam ahead. I make 2 trips a day to local banks. My routine is bring dumps in morning then pick-up about 6 boxes(pennies, nickels, dimes) sort them throughout the day and then make a dump run around 4 in the after noon. Then I would pick up 2 or 3 boxes for the evening. then repeat next day.

Now for the bad news, yesterday I suffered another back injury. Surgery seems to be in my near future. So there goes CRHing. :crybaby2:

So you guys wont be seeing to many post of my finds on here for a little while. I probaly get my wife to pick up a box here and there but that is about it for a while.

Jason

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually go twice a week but I never hit the same bank more than once a week.

-Codes

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I make rounds usually once a month or more...I keep about $2k moving in dimes and halves also, between 2 or 3 banks. Then i have to dump. I do that maybe once a week, because its a pain in the, and I don't feel as guilty that I'm spending to much time crhing, and not enough time doing more productive things like "metal detecting" LOL AMC

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
go see the banks once a week to start. Get to know the head teller and branch manager if possible. Leave your number. You may have to open accounts in all, but you can pull most of the money out right after you open them up. After they get to know you and know what you want, you way only have to go every other or third week just as a reminder. If they get coins in-between, they may call you. I have several banks that routinely call me weekly and tell me that people dropped off halves.

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buffhunter said:
go see the banks once a week to start. Get to know the head teller and branch manager if possible. Leave your number. You may have to open accounts in all, but you can pull most of the money out right after you open them up. After they get to know you and know what you want, you way only have to go every other or third week just as a reminder. If they get coins in-between, they may call you. I have several banks that routinely call me weekly and tell me that people dropped off halves.

That's one hell of a good idea! I never thought of leaving my number to see if anything came by. I hate stopping at banks just to see if they have any boxes or halves. I met 4 tellers at 3 banks that remember me even if I don't stop by for a few weeks. Also a plus.

SNB, good luck with the surgery, hopefully a quick recovery and in the meantime, maybe some silver!

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just started but I just dumped of 2 boxes last week so I don't know how long it would take them to get some new ones. I guess I could try something different besides pennies

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Every waking hour of every freakin day. When you are not coin roll hunting you are thinking about coin roll hunting. When you are sleeping your really are not sleeping you are stategizing, figuring out your next route of attack. Yes this is an addiction.

-Golden Silver

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As for me, I hit up my banks 5 times a week, sometime more - sometimes less.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread