how do you guys do it?

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
get large amounts of coins i mean?..not halfs either, i know you guys order them....i'm talkin about a box of pennies or dimes.i read about you guys going on road trips and picking up boxes and bags of coins....$200 in pennies from 1 bank....$1000 in dimes at another...bags of nickles...what the heck is wrong with me? i hunt in Philly with literally hundreds of banks and you'd think i was robbing the place when i ask for a box of anything. all i get is "do you have a business account?".. :angry4:..we don't carry that much....would you like $5.00 worth? :BangHead:like today....i wanted 1 box of pennies.....1 freakin $25 dollar box...you'd think i was asking for the holy grail or something. 1st 2 banks "do you have a business account ?" 3rd bank " we don't give out that much....i can give you $5 worth...4th bank..."i don't have a full box let me see if the other tellers have any." turns out she was 4 rolls short of a full box and the other teller topped it off. good thing she did as they were the only rolls that produced. 2 late date wheats and 1 clad dime...all the rest were full rolls of mint condition 2005 pennies....i kept a few rolls in case they might be worth anything in the future....should i just dump 'em all or are they worth anything now?
oh BTW when the teller was handing me the box she says "this is just a courtesy...we usually don't give out this much coin without a busness account" :BangHead: :BangHead: and this was from a bank where my wife's best friend is the manager.....and the tellers know it...maybe the only reason i got them. so do you guys call ahead and see what they have? do you have an account in the banks you get large amounts of coin from or a business account? i can't believe how come i'm having such a hard time getting a box of something :icon_scratch:
oh yeah i searched $160 in dimes(had to go to 3 banks).....skunk

Upvote 0

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
MG

If your wife friend is a manager than talk to her about it and seek her advice.

In my experience most banks wont let go of a box unless you ha an account or business. And only if you put it on order.

I rarely find boxes of coin readily available but I always ask.

I have accounts with just about every bank and credit union in town. and have STANDING ORDERS with several banks.

Never complain about the orders if they don't arrive or if they forget to place them, just smile and say I will be back next week and thanks for all your help. And never return them to the bank you buy from.

Oh and don't forget to flirt. (important) But only if you know how too.

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread