Newbee here with a guestion

MarkinIa

Nov 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505
Hi everybody, I started CRH just before X-mas and I think I'm hooked, lol. I have been to just about every bank in a 50 mile radius of my home and have bought every half dollar I was aloud to buy.

My guestion is, How long do I wait before I start hitting those banks again for HD's?

I would appreciate any advise you guys may have, thanks

Upvote 0

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
If you have the time, go every week and ask for halves. When I can't find halves I just buy other denominations of coins to search. I'd rather have something to look through than go home with nothing. lol Good luck and have fun.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea go every week, you never know they might have something one day and is gone the next. :icon_pirat:
Also try other denominations too, I like doing dimes and pennies. ;D

OP
OP
MarkinIa

MarkinIa

Nov 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505
Thanks guys, I kind a figured you would say to go every week. You never know, somebody could bring in a bunch of silver halves 5 min's after you leave. Since I'm unemployed now I have the time to run around to the banks and I'm having alot of fun. I wish I would have gotten in to this hobby alot sooner.

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
Where in IA are you from. Somebody has been cleaning out the banks from Council Bluffs down to Hamburg on a pretty consistent basis. Not saying you won't find anything there but I gave up on them a while ago.

Like somebody else said in another post, stick with boxes. You know they are yours and you know they are there. Not to say you can't get lucky on a road trip.

Also if your banks have coin counters then there is an even bigger chance that any halves brought in won't be available for you to pick up.

OP
OP
MarkinIa

MarkinIa

Nov 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505
Hey packfan, it's not me hitting the banks in your area. I'm a long ways from your area. But if I do get to that side of the state I'll stay out of your banks, lol

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MarkinIa said:
Hey packfan, it's not me hitting the banks in your area. I'm a long ways from your area. But if I do get to that side of the state I'll stay out of your banks, lol

LOL. Turfwars of the Tnet. Guys on the street with rolls of coins rather than watches hanging inside their coats. "Hey mon, wha chu need?"

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
Oh its not my turf, lol. I live in nebraska but after several attempts at the famed road trip with nary a 90%er to show for it I gave up on most of the banks around here. If I happen to be in a small town during the week I'll certainly stop in and ask but I've just had much better luck with boxes.

OP
OP
MarkinIa

MarkinIa

Nov 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505
DigginThePast said:
MarkinIa said:

LOL. Turfwars of the Tnet. Guys on the street with rolls of coins rather than watches hanging inside their coats. "Hey mon, wha chu need?"

That was a good one DigginThePast, That cracked me up, LOL

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Are you 'road-trippin' it yet for halves? That's what I gotta do at times, or if I have to go quite a distance from home, I'll make sure I have $$ for CRHing with me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread