Bank tells me they cannot, or wont get me boxes??

1869er

Jan 5, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Freedom 2 C.C., 1st detector was a 1970's Compass, Finished a MD Surf PI from a kit - my most recent MD.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bank tells me they cannot, or won't get me boxes??

I asked another bank earlier this week if they could get me a box of Halves. The teller was very reluctant, but said she would see what she could do. Called her back today and she told me that her manager wanted to know why I wanted to order a box, and that she couldn't order one for me. He was apparently on his lunch break and couldn't talk with me right then. I've never ordered a box from this branch.

Sounds like since they don't order halves too much so I'm guessing they might need a few..... I'd be happy to drop off my sorted boxes to their branch! Ha!

Upvote 0
S

seger98

Re: Bank tells me they cannot, or won't get me boxes??

There seems to be more & more stories like yours on here everyday, sounds like that there could be to many people asking & the banks are getting real tired of ordering.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

i would try and do all my business with a bank (home loan, car loan, savings account, checking account, safe deposit box, etc) with a bank that would order boxes for me. all banks have to order boxes at some time or another and all banks have to send bags or boxes of change back to the fed at some time or another. if you live in a big town try and open a commercial account, tell them you are a business owner. alot of banks will roll out the red carpet then. if you get the question "where is your business located?" tell them you run a ebay (feebay) store. most banks don't even ask. i told a bank that once. boy did everyone's attitude change. they started treating me like i was doing them a favor instead of the other way around. anyway did not mean to ramble, but always remember one thing when dealing with banks, always smile and say thank you, even to the tellers that treat you like crap.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

1869er said:
I asked another bank earlier this week if they could get me a box of Halves. The teller was very reluctant, but said she would see what she could do. Called her back today and she told me that her manager wanted to know why I wanted to order a box, and that she couldn't order one for me. He was apparently on his lunch break and couldn't talk with me right then. I've never ordered a box from this branch.

Sounds like since they don't order halves too much so I'm guessing they might need a few..... I'd be happy to drop off my sorted boxes to their branch! Ha!
I'm assuming you have an account with them - I have a branch that I order from regularly, another branch of same bank says they won't order. I haven't pressed the issue as I don't do volume.
I predict a trend, I see fees in the near future especially if there is competition.

AMC

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

i would not find paying a small fee per box if the bank started charging just as long as i get good boxes on a consistent basis. what i don't like is the fee to dump. i avoid all those machines in the grocery stores.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

silvercop said:
i would not find paying a small fee per box if the bank started charging just as long as i get good boxes on a consistent basis. what i don't like is the fee to dump. i avoid all those machines in the grocery stores.
I have seen very few counters inside the banks here, unless they are hidden. My independent CU is the only place i've seen one. It is free with minimum $5k balance (ouch). It's free to me, thank goodness. If you could find a bank that would accept your bags of $500 amounts, that would be sweet unless they had to deposit that and hold a couple days for a count. I have a c.u. that will exchange cash for my bags of clad. They even give me the bags in advance. Just ask them, you might be suprised.

OP
OP
1869er

1869er

Jan 5, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Freedom 2 C.C., 1st detector was a 1970's Compass, Finished a MD Surf PI from a kit - my most recent MD.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes, actually I do have a business account and a reg. checking with this bank..... It really doesn't matter to me that much as another branch of the same bank has a nice teller that will order em for me. I was just suprised since this bank is probably the main branch in my area.

I predict a trend, I see fees in the near future especially if there is competition.

Yea, funny I was thinking the same thing earlier today.... The banks seem to nickel and dime you for everything else (some banks are worse than others), so I'm sure this could be next on the horizon!

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

yea right now my dump bank has a coin counter machine. they do not charge a fee for account holders right now but everyone else pays 7%. i have a savings account with them that i only keep about 200.00 in. i have been looking for them to raise the minimum balance requirement though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread