Had a set-back today

Ju8vP3t

The teller at the bank (BOA) where I order has been out on maturnity leave, she just came back to work...caught up with her today and was talking to her, and she said "there's been some changes", and bottom line is she can't order for me anymore...at all,she's super nice, and I really don't think it came from her, she told me 'cause BOA is taking on water, they're tightening up on costs, I'm skeptical, I'd always asked her if the bank gets charged for coin orders and she's always said no, because she had to place a coin order everyday anyway, and to add a few boxes of halves on the truck was no big deal at all,the truck had to make a run anyway, and I'd never let my orders sit, she'd call me on the days they'd come in, and I'd go and get 'em, so I think it was her jerk manager....

Stopped in at another bank, where I actually have an account, asked my teller friend if she had any halves, she said no, so I looked at the other teller, asked her , she looked in her drawer and came out with 4 Kens, 3 of which were '68's, I said I'll take those 3......upon leaving, I thought to myself, I've had BOXES that I didn't even get 3 out of...lol that was easy......so it's plan B now, another bank I think I can order through, only problem is Brinks delivers for 'em, never had any luck from Brinks, and also some here have had negative stories about Brinks.......Que Sera Que Sera, what can you do???

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang that sucks, hope you can find another pickup bank. :thumbsup:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
tHAT BOA thing sounds fishy. I order from BOA and have had no problems knock on wood. It is true that the government is bailing out BOA but it is not going under as your teller suggested. In fact I was watching a report last night and it said that because of the bailout money and the fact the government now owns 70% of the company will now make it one of the most secure. So it seems to me that in may be a branch decision. You might want to try the same bank but a different location.

-Golden Silver

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
OK this is what I don't under stand. Obviously banks are hurting right now, we all know that. If the bank does not get charged for box orders because they have a set rate account with the carrier, why would you not kiss your customers butts so you can keep there business. This is the problem with companies like this. They start having little problems then they kick there customer service out the window and the snowball effect starts. If one of my banks told me that I couldn't get my boxes anymore and I knew they didn't get charged for them I would pull all of my money out of that bank and they would know that they lost a customer, and believe me the branch managers district boss would know also... Now I have one source bank that has told me from the start that halves are not part of there normal order so they have to pay a fee per box. They said I would have to pay that fee or else they couldn't order them for me. But in the same sentence they said I could get as MANY boxes of pennies, dimes, nickels, quarters as I wanted because they fall into there contracted price, and I have ordered 25 boxes of pennies in a week and they never batted an eye. So under that circumstance I stand by the banks decision not to order halves because they would lose money, and they aren't in the business to lose money. But in your situation I cant see them not ordering for you if it is FREE fro them. That is just piss poor customer service and they deserve to go under... That is just my two cents.

Jason

dp2013

Sep 11, 2008
Just because the Gov't is bailing out BOA doesn't mean it can't fail as a public company. The Gov't very easily could split their asset up among other institutions. I think fees for services we now take for granted will be common place soon. This includes ordering and depositing large amounts of coins.

OP
OP
Ju8vP3t

Ju8vP3t

Yea, I think it's fishy too....that's what I was thinking, if it doesn't cost the branch to order a specific denomination (and that's what my friend told me) I don't see how it would matter, my friend said they didn't want a lot of extra coins sitting around in the vault, not making money for them, but that doesn't fly, because she ordered for me for over a year, I'd E-mail her with what I wanted, and then she'd give me a call to let me know they'd arrived, and I'd go pick 'em up immediately, so my coins weren't sitting around at all....I've spoken with another bank, and they'll order for me, so all is not lost

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread