I was going back to the 2005 posts

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking at the 2005 year postings from this forum and find out that I did not recognized most of the users back then.

Where are they know????????

Did they get tire of finding free silver?

Also, I was reading that some members said that they retired from CRH.

How can you retire? OK, lets say you retire and you go to the bank for business not related to CRH.

Aren't the Ex-CRHs temped to ask for at least one roll of halves.

I think that ounce a CRH always a CRH

Darth Walker

Upvote 0
S

seger98

It wasn't but a few months ago & you seen different names, I can think of quite a few that you don't see anymore. Wheather they are still CRH or not who knows, might have plain gave up!

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Some give it up because the silver in their area is dry. Others might give it up for other commitments like the famous LJ. She will be back eventually. Some have have even passed away like good ole Silver Fox. Heck some may just get tired of posting. I know of a few guys that just gave up because they were fed up with skunk boxes. It was just not fun anymore. It will probably happen to many of us too eventually. Sad but true.

-Golden Silver

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
silvercop said:
as long as i can pull some silver i am going to stay with it
Thats right! Those days of finding boxes half full of silver are over. I'm not greedy, I could be searching 1000's upon 1000's of dollars of halfs, but know what? It's a royal pain in the a$ to dump! And the finds are sporadic at most.....silver is always going to be found in circulation, tho. FFD

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darth Walker said:
I was looking at the 2005 year postings from this forum and find out that I did not recognized most of the users back then.
You are right, you made me wonder how long I have been posting here. two years and one month. I went to the very first page saved and only saw two names I recognized as posters from now. immy & mud swat.

I am sure older pages have been deleted. The oldest post does not look like it was the very first one.

Speaking of old, just looked at some pics of me when I joined the coin roll hunting group. I had teeth and hair back then!

ugly-wife.jpg

Attachments

• ugly-wife.jpg
    ugly-wife.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 331

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
cyberdan said:
Darth Walker said:
You are right, you made me wonder how long I have been posting here. two years and one month. I went to the very first page saved and only saw two names I recognized as posters from now. immy & mud swat.

I am sure older pages have been deleted. The oldest post does not look like it was the very first one.

Speaking of old, just looked at some pics of me when I joined the coin roll hunting group. I had teeth and hair back then!

Lmao good one and a damn sexy pic there.....

I think that there are some crhers that may still hunt at least from time to time but dont post anymore ... I got burnt out but still kept getting boxes but didnt post for a few months , didnt have any time to pick and post , Ed

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
I'd say commitments are a big thing, especially if you're single / married etc. I know I'm going to be taking er easy come June as my girl is born. Military could take a year away too, just look at bank runner.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
I registered a little over 2 years ago and like stated above, the posters on this board have changed a lot over the course of the last 2 years. I recognize maybe 2 or 3 (cyberdan being one) posters from when I signed up. Lots of people have come and gone. Frankly, I don't post much anymore because hearing about finds gets boring after a while. You can only read a post about a user getting 4 boxes and the breakdown in each box so many times before it becomes the same old thing. I like the posts about the roadtrips and when someone finds something really out of the ordinary, like a Barber coin. Also Gman's tracking lists I think are pretty cool. But 99% of the posts are pretty much the same thing and there isn't much point for me to post or reply to this type of post. I know for a fact (through PM's) that a lot of other old posters feel the same way.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Dr. detector, I have been around for about 2 years but don't feel the same way. I love seeing peoples finds and hearing about how much they love and enjoy this hobby. It could get a bid over done if I was not finding anything but so far so good. These guys on here even though I have not met them share a common interest and I get along with them. Great group of people and for me it is great discussing a subject that we all love in a forum such as this.

-Golden Silver

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I signed on for the first time over a year ago and was Laid off for a while and during that time I posted everything and posed lots of questions .

I would read every post and and respond to some if I felt I had something to add to it..

But it can wear on you when you don't find stuff. And every newbee is finding everything.

I got to give credit to those that don't find much or get skunked on a regular basis.

I like to post Pictures of my finds and enjoy seeing others photos as well....... No I love and thirst to see photo's of the results. Like LJ always posted her daily stacks. Can't get enough of that.

I enjoy a lot less reading about a big find but don't get too see the stacks.

I now really only post about cool finds and post photo's of cool stuff if and when I find them. I would like to post more photo's but need my own camera that takes better pictures. I have been using my kids camera's but they are Eh... :dontknow: good enough.

But I after a year and being back to work a lot of post I simply skim over. Due to time constraints. and my lack of finds.

So please keep posting your finds and add lots of photos if you can. "Every Picture Tells A Story"

Mojo

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DrDetector said:
I registered a little over 2 years ago and like stated above, the posters on this board have changed a lot over the course of the last 2 years. I recognize maybe 2 or 3 (cyberdan being one) posters from when I signed up. Lots of people have come and gone. Frankly, I don't post much anymore because hearing about finds gets boring after a while. You can only read a post about a user getting 4 boxes and the breakdown in each box so many times before it becomes the same old thing. I like the posts about the roadtrips and when someone finds something really out of the ordinary, like a Barber coin. Also Gman's tracking lists I think are pretty cool. But 99% of the posts are pretty much the same thing and there isn't much point for me to post or reply to this type of post. I know for a fact (through PM's) that a lot of other old posters feel the same way.

I scan most posts quickly just to update the tracking list and when I see things that interest me I read in more detail and when I can provide some input I do......though I'll admit, I don't make a good cheerleader... :) I do genearlly post almost everything I find when I search, but try to contain it to a couple threads a week unless there is something worthy of making its own post.

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is still heavy hunting going on, but the fact of the matter is every new CHR thins out the score for the older hunters, and many people hunt and they do not post, they just use all the Free info and swoop down if they are in your local area.

Mainly its just boring and there are other things going on then posting the results for the same old hand full of %40s and the occasional %90 And why would you want stalkers in your area to know what your finding.

Also, boxes these days are much more sparse than they used to be. And Tellers are more wise to whats going on. You can always tell when some newbi CHR pops up in your area because they open there big mouth and tell every teller what they are doing etc. Then the bank does not carry halfs anymore.
Way to go genius, or some of them do things like dumping back at there supply banks and or end up abusing the privilege. then no one can CRH.

I have that problem around here. I ask around and I get the, Oh yeah some guy came in asking about those, I ask them if it was an older guy that looks kind of like a child molester, They always say yeah thats the guy! Of course I tell them to watch it with him as he has caused many banks to change policies etc. So they dont sell to him often.

Things that can Ruin CRH as fun can be easy, keep good relationships with your bank people, and keep your mouth shut as to what your looking for, say you look for errors, talk up the 87s and 70D and the NFICs etc. Talk about Missing FG Coins etc.
Often they ask, do you find silver,
I say sure, sometimes, Not often, maybe a coin a box, down play the silver fever and up play that your a collector.

Tellers will not help someone if they feel you are greedy and after silver, This is the impression many of them get. And they never want to deal with the Creepy Greedy old guy. If your older, come across as the grandpa building a set for his kids.

Of late CRH is not as good as it used to be. Too many fish in any pond can poison the water, Or dry up the silver. Its all random but the random finds are less and less. And so often the big scores are as well.
Many times a few years ago I would find scoes of boxes that were 1/2 to 1/3 Silver. I dare not post such things, Or when Gold is found.
Too many people think there is a "source" as you may find by reading older posts. there is a source, someone was not careful, But some people believe that they were put in there by someone etc. The reality is. its random deposits by people who were unaware. Or made a mistake.

Perfect example, a teller was telling me how a few weeks earlier a guy came in with about $80 face value in 90% silver, he deposited them, teller took it, unrolled it, ran it thought the machine.
The guy came back a few weeks later to get his coins back. he thought he was checking them into his account for safe keeping.

gotgot

Dec 29, 2008
all I know is I was doing this for years before I found this site...but never in such scale, never knew you could order entire boxes from the banks. Now I order multiple boxes at a time :). While in my neck of the woods the silver looks to be dry, why stop hunting - what else are you doing when its TV time with the family? You could read a magazine full of Jessica Simpson articles and predictions for next year's stock market; you could stare at the tube until you went out and bought something...or, you can open a roll, take a look, re-roll....repeat... and maybe post a success story to help keep us all motivated.

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jewelerdave said:
There is still heavy hunting going on, but the fact of the matter is every new CHR thins out the score for the older hunters, and many people hunt and they do not post, they just use all the Free info and swoop down if they are in your local area.

Mainly its just boring and there are other things going on then posting the results for the same old hand full of %40s and the occasional %90 And why would you want stalkers in your area to know what your finding.

Also, boxes these days are much more sparse than they used to be. And Tellers are more wise to whats going on. You can always tell when some newbi CHR pops up in your area because they open there big mouth and tell every teller what they are doing etc. Then the bank does not carry halfs anymore.
Way to go genius, or some of them do things like dumping back at there supply banks and or end up abusing the privilege. then no one can CRH.

I have that problem around here. I ask around and I get the, Oh yeah some guy came in asking about those, I ask them if it was an older guy that looks kind of like a child molester, They always say yeah thats the guy! Of course I tell them to watch it with him as he has caused many banks to change policies etc. So they dont sell to him often.

Things that can Ruin CRH as fun can be easy, keep good relationships with your bank people, and keep your mouth shut as to what your looking for, say you look for errors, talk up the 87s and 70D and the NFICs etc. Talk about Missing FG Coins etc.
Often they ask, do you find silver,
I say sure, sometimes, Not often, maybe a coin a box, down play the silver fever and up play that your a collector.

Tellers will not help someone if they feel you are greedy and after silver, This is the impression many of them get. And they never want to deal with the Creepy Greedy old guy. If your older, come across as the grandpa building a set for his kids.

Of late CRH is not as good as it used to be. Too many fish in any pond can poison the water, Or dry up the silver. Its all random but the random finds are less and less. And so often the big scores are as well.
Many times a few years ago I would find scoes of boxes that were 1/2 to 1/3 Silver. I dare not post such things, Or when Gold is found.
Too many people think there is a "source" as you may find by reading older posts. there is a source, someone was not careful, But some people believe that they were put in there by someone etc. The reality is. its random deposits by people who were unaware. Or made a mistake.

Perfect example, a teller was telling me how a few weeks earlier a guy came in with about $80 face value in 90% silver, he deposited them, teller took it, unrolled it, ran it thought the machine.
The guy came back a few weeks later to get his coins back. he thought he was checking them into his account for safe keeping.

Dave, I think your right.....Its fun to search and its fun to see what others get, but it just attracts
way too many CRH's and the competition is fierce. I think many of the older CRH's still search, but do
not post.
Joe

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I'm still around, but I've only been posting when I find something uncommon. Mostly lurking these days.

Another thing is some people change their username. Plus some of the oldsters keep their finds *secret* but still dispense advice and offer congrats.

I don't think there will ever be "too many" CRHers. Plenty of silver, wheats, etc. for everyone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread