i hate boxes, should I even go through these?

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
I was completely floored today, and I know it's had to have happened to some of you before. I get my box at my bank and walk to my car. It is taped long ways and short ways but I see the white and yellow rolls so I think ok, cool. I get home and the other end of the rolls are meticulously opened and closed and put back in the boxes!!! :angry4: This is what I'd call GAF (Gay as &^*$). I don't even want to go through the rest of them.

Who else has had this happen to them?? Frustration :BangHead:

Upvote 0

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
I have to disagree with GotGot. Even if a CHR'er is forced to re-use coin sleeves, they don't have to do it in such a way that the opened end goes into the box upside down. If the bank requires the coin be rolled, just roll it for crying out loud. Banks don't require that the rolls and boxes be made to look like they were never opened at all. Trying to disguise the rolls and boxes to appear to be unopened is just plain dishonest, and it wastes people's time and effort. I have often deposited searched boxes at banks. It is apparent that the rolls have been searched because I twist up the opened end and put them in the boxes opened end up. I don't try to re-tape the box or any of that nonsense. A friend of mine will tear the flap off each box that he deposits. This makes it apparent that the box has already been worked. If someone wishes to buy it that way, so be it. Please, everyone, don't try to camaflauge the boxes and the rolls! Tacky and low-rent!!
- Grizz

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Grizz I do appreciate your method but I am not sure it will keep banks from just reboxing them and sending them back out.

-Golden Silver

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Hey, Golden Silver!!
Maybe not, but it is certainly better than depositing boxes that have been purposely disguised to appear to be unsearched. Some CRH'ers actually take the time and trouble to re-crimp the opened roll ends. Why do that?? I don't get it!
This strikes a nerve with me because I have also gotten stuck several times with someone elses' dumps.
- Grizz

OP
OP
phrostie

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
Simple solution, we should come up with some kind of marking on the box if you rewrap and put them back in. Perhaps put CRH on the side so if I get it and see it I don't have to bother going through it, waste of time and for petes thanks, THANKS FOR HELPING ME VENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The moticon here describes it all and I love it!!!! :BangHead:

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Mentone Grizz said:
I have to disagree with GotGot. Even if a CHR'er is forced to re-use coin sleeves, they don't have to do it in such a way that the opened end goes into the box upside down. If the bank requires the coin be rolled, just roll it for crying out loud. Banks don't require that the rolls and boxes be made to look like they were never opened at all. Trying to disguise the rolls and boxes to appear to be unopened is just plain dishonest, and it wastes people's time and effort. I have often deposited searched boxes at banks. It is apparent that the rolls have been searched because I twist up the opened end and put them in the boxes opened end up. I don't try to re-tape the box or any of that nonsense. A friend of mine will tear the flap off each box that he deposits. This makes it apparent that the box has already been worked. If someone wishes to buy it that way, so be it. Please, everyone, don't try to camaflauge the boxes and the rolls! Tacky and low-rent!!
- Grizz

Too add to this thought Write on the box in big black letters "THIS BOX HAS BEEN SEARCHED" AND TAKE THAT SAME BLACK MARKER AND PUT A LINE DOWN THE SIDE OF Each ROLL.!!!!!!!!!

Mojo

gotgot

Dec 29, 2008
ok valid point - the person that is putting them back in the SAME BOX and UPSIDE DOWN, they are asses. I bring mine in a canvas bag, I recycle the cardboard boxes I recieve them in. So yes if someone is reusing the boxes too, and flipping the rerolled end over? They deserve some abuse.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread