Bucket? Bag? Tote? Wheelbarrow? Dumptruck?

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Hello,

I have a bit of a dilema. The container I have been using to put my dumps in is breaking. 4 holes in the bottom, and cracks growing out of each. So much for the plastic 1 gallon garlic tub I have used as a coin holder for years.

So, I am curous: what do you folks use for transporting your dumps to the bank? Canvas bags? Buckets? Your husband? Do tell!

I have been considering stopping by a bakery and asking for a 1 gallon bucket. Might do the trick, but, wanted to ask you fine folks first.

Thanks,
Anthony

Upvote 0

Ifyndit

Dec 15, 2007
The Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Corte's, Golden Sabre II, Minelab X-Terra50
My bank supplies me with heavy duty plastic self sealing bags with handles that hold $500 in halves. Rarely do I have to hand roll (unless I have less than $500). When I start running low I just ask for more bags. Piece of cake!

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I've got a bunch of canvas bags from buying halves out of the coin machines that I use. My wife also took 4 of the canvas bags and turned them into 2 extra large bags for when I have more than $500 in halves.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Canvas bags. If you can't get any another trick you can do is take an old pair of jeans, cut half the leg off(like you are making them into shorts). Sew one end of the leg you cut of and presto! a bag that is strong enough to hold coin and will last a long time.

HH
Gib

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Can't beat canvas bags free from the banks. Plus you always get those curious looks like (what you got in there?) when you walk in the bank.

-Golden Silver

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you need a few of canvas bags....PM me....I'll send them to you. I have loads of them. I was thinking about making a big tent with them.....ha!

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I just use a pillowcase, but I'm probably gonna get myself a canvas bag.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LJ said:
If you need a few of canvas bags....PM me....I'll send them to you. I have loads of them. I was thinking about making a big tent with them.....ha!
what a deal! I have one canvas bag but could definately use another for the days I have a lot to dump!

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Also, canvas bags. Which is why I'm constantly on the look out for ones from the bank (to "even out" the wear and tear).

Good luck.

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
I use the 1000.00 plastic bags that the bank gives me to dump with... nice set-up give them the bags and I get cash , no rolling coins or using coin counters... when picking up coins I have a couple of cheap canvas bags that I bought at the grocery store , I throw a couple of boxes in each one and off I go... , Ed

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT
Canvas bag here. Holds up to $1500, but then can't lift it. Most times I carry a max of $1000 in it when transporting them.

I have heard about people picking up coins in Wheelsbarrows before though it was in my Red book. Happened when the Federal reserve was cleaning out the vaults and had lots of Morgans to get rid of.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Canvas bags. I usually just use the really big ones (easily hold over $1000 in halves...probably $2000-$3000 but then they get too heavy).

I think I only have about 25 Canvas bags at the moment. I usually try to give back my extras to my one pickup bank that still uses them...keeps their costs down. Or on road trips I will trade out mine for ones that I am picking up.

Another idea other than cutting off a pair of jeans is if you have a pair of heavy duty socks (wool socks or something). Yes I know its a bit odd, but they work pretty well.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Canvas bags for me, just ask your dump bank if you can have a few. :thumbsup:

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
i use the "Grren Bags" from the grocery store. Most of the grocery stores now sell them for about a buck and they will easily hold $1000.00 in halves without breaking. They also have the handles too, which make it easy to carry. I always split my dumps into two bags, this way i am balanced when i want into the bank.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
i use giant canvas bags that make me look like santa clause when i walk in wit the bag drapped over mu shoulder

OP
OP
Narthoniel

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I may have to try those green supermarket bags. Didn't consider them since I igured coins would spill too easy. But it is worth a try.

To the two fine people who offered to mail me canvas bags - I greatly appreciate your offer. While it is very generous, I would prefer to decline. Thank you for your generosity.

Anthony

nickel67

Dec 7, 2007
If u dump them yourself kitty litter bucket..I get a lot of weird looks as I'm pulling a purple wagon with the buckets ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread