Gave this CRH a try....

lokkenpa

Aug 8, 2008
Edmond, OK
Detector(s) used
MineLab e-Trac, Garrett Ace250, SunRay X-1, ProPointer
Just gave this CRH a try to see what it is like and to help alleviate the stress in my life... So I started with 10 half rolls and a box of pennies. As far as silver goes, I was skunked. But I did manage to fill in a few slots in my Whittman book for clad half's. In the box of pennies I managed 9 wheats and 5 Canadians.

This average numbers for the quantity that I did?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
as far as the halfs go....we all get skunked and often but we do get some great finds..don't give up on them yet....they have a way of surprising you when you least expect it....as far as the pennies go your totals are low....i think i averages run from the high teens to low 20's.....(someone correct me if i'm wrong)....i just did a box and got 21

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
You might try a short road trip to Mayville,Juneau,or Burnett. Google shows over 14,000 banks near Horicon. Smaller banks in tiny towns off the beaten path produce well. Don't overlook banks in poorer parts of big towns. In these "Tough Economic Times",all kinds of coins are getting dumped for face value. Good Luck, Jim

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
WELCOME TO THE HOBBY!! Yeah you will get skunked and often depending on where you are located but the silver is out there and every little bit adds to the pile. Just keep an eye on how much you spend on gas etc. it can add up if you are not finding silver.

-golden Silver

S

seger98

Glad ya got your feet wet, now jump all the way in & find some silver!

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:
as far as the pennies go your totals are low....i think i averages run from the high teens to low 20's.....(someone correct me if i'm wrong)....i just did a box and got 21

Actually penny totals seem to vary greatly by area. I average about 9 wheats per $25 myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread