How big of an area do you think 1 re-rolling co. covers?

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am wondering how big of an area 1 (lets say brinks) can cover? 10 miles, 25 miles? Any ideas? I am thinking of doing a weekly dump out in my parents town that is like 30 miles outside of chicago. You think that would be far enough so they wont get sent back to brinks and eventually end up back in my hands. I want to try and move some of my coins out to another processing facility to better my odds of getting boxes from older palettes. What do you think?

I tried to find a bank that uses another company to re-roll, but they all seem to use CWI but I sometimes get brinks boxes.

Upvote 0

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT
Might check your CWI # sometimes printed on the boxes, if they are different then they represent a physically different CWI site in the US. So if you can pullfrom from, and dump to another that can help.

I just picked up some from Aug '08, but more recently got some oldies from June '05.

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Living out here in the boonies one coin source delivers from 194 miles away and the other one is 88 miles ...both are located in the closest " cities " ha from me .... not much help for a real city like Chicago, Ed

Troy Ounce

Jan 16, 2009
Southeast
Detector(s) used
Whites6000 ProXL
I dont know the answer to your question but you can make sure you never see yours for a long time.I buy Brinks boxes and return to a bank that uses Loomis. Also never return rolled if you can help it. This way it is thrown in the machine and rerolled with others that were not yours. Brinks will not always reroll if returned back in their rolls.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Brinks covers a very wide area. You can search online and see how many Brinks facilities there are in your state.

Troy Ounce said:
I dont know the answer to your question but you can make sure you never see yours for a long time.I buy Brinks boxes and return to a bank that uses Loomis. Also never return rolled if you can help it. This way it is thrown in the machine and rerolled with others that were not yours. Brinks will not always reroll if returned back in their rolls.

The problem is that the guy getting his boxes from Loomis in your area is probably dumping at a Brinks bank. So you will probably see your own dumps fairly quick depending on how many CRHers there are in your area.
But it is still a good strategy to try.

Jim

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
jim4silver said:
Brinks covers a very wide area. You can search online and see how many Brinks facilities there are in your state.

Troy Ounce said:

The problem is that the guy getting his boxes from Loomis in your area is probably dumping at a Brinks bank. So you will probably see your own dumps fairly quick depending on how many CRHers there are in your area.
But it is still a good strategy to try.

Jim

Yes Google Brinks & Loomis.

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread