There is big $$$$ to be made Crhing

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
I make out like a bandit when I dumps back to the bank. Yesterday they credited my acct. again for a deposit of 4k I only took in 2k worth of coins . This has happened at least 6 or 7 times now it would happen alot more but usually I just take the cash and they asked my how much I have in coins . They always end up getting the extra money back usually from me calling them to correct the mistake ...

I have a really nice set up with this bank and dont want to blow it by claiming more money than I take in, Ed

Upvote 0

snappy

Jan 23, 2007
sidney montana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I often have banks make mastakes but rarely in my favor. They always correct it when I let them know.. I made one dump and they credited almost 6000 to my savings and to my checking. (should have been only my checking) I was going to let it sit there until I got my paper statement in the mail (free instrest) then let them know.. but they caught it 2 1/2 weeks later..

I feel kind of bad now. I can imagine them pulling their hair out trying to find that $6000 it is a small bank and I am sure they frantic.

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
I've had it happen one time for 30 bucks in large dollars. I called them and told them that they made a mistake and stopped in to give them the money back. All it takes is one rip off and you can count on not getting any help from them again.

I believe in integrity and am in it for the find and the hunt, not for mistaken cash in my account.

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
I was at the ATM and withdrew $300. The machine gave me $320. The receipt said $300. I returned the $20 to the bank. I know I would not have been able to sleep that night if I would have kept it.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
as tempting as it is sometimes to keep it...it pays to just send it back....they're going to find out eventually and when they do your going to look like the bad guy....not to mention they may even fire the person who made the mistake....wouldn't want that on my head

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's also big money to be made in jail if you somehow don't see the bank error and they try to accuse you of fraud. I heard you can make a killing trading candy bars and other items in jail.

-Codes

how u do n

Dec 21, 2008
in my own little world :)
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Minlab E-Trac Garrett Pinpointer
Sat I went to the bank to dimes she tells me she can spare $70 in rolls.
I hand her a $100 and she tries her best to give me $93 back in change.
I keep telling her NO that is too much.
Finally I take the rolls and go 10-20-30-40-50-60-70.
I gave you $100 you owe me $30
She was so upset she almost started to cry.
Telling me thank you so much I will call you if I get "anything" omg I would have got into so much trouble.
I just smile and say it's ok there is no way I could ever take that money.
she could not thank me enough.
It always pays to be honest :) :thumbsup:
dan

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I've never had the bank make a mistake in my favor, but I don't think I could keep the money if they did. When they messed up and shorted me $50, they were actually helpful and reimbursed me. So, I don't think I could pull a move that like after what they did. Honesty is the best policy, after all. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread