They were going to arrest me if I didnt tell them about CRH!

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
They were going to arrest me if I didn't tell them about CRH!

So I got the day off yesterday and had a big road trip planned. I started out at my normal pick up bank where I got my normal 3 boxes (yielded 3 40%ers) and quickly dumped those to get cash for the road trip. The teller came back with $1548, I told him that that was more than I had in halves. He gets the manager, they check the machine to make sure it had been cleared out and return to tell me that its my lucky day since they could fine no error in the machine. Much better start to the day than the 3 40%ers, so I fill up on gas and hit the road. I tried to keep a break down of each bank but just got confused after the third town but here is an outline of my figures.

Town 1 - 2nd bank sells me $128 that they were glad to get rid of. They also ASKED for my name and number in case they got any more halves in. best score of the day with 42 40%ers and 2 90% kens.

Town 2 - 10 hand rolls nets me 4 40%ers

Town 3 - 12 hand rolls and 6 cwi net me 1 40%er

Town 4 - skunked on $12 in loose

This is where it got a little bit more interesting and what I mean by that is that I ended up on a dirt road amongst corn fields along the Nebraska/Kansas state line with no cell signal to speak of. After just driving east for about 20 min I found a major highway and a gas station. Turns out I'm only 10 min away from Town #5.

Town 5 - 5 hand rolls gives me 2 40%er and 1 roll of BU 71's

And this is where it gets really interesting as I am enroute to Town #6 I see a sheriffs car pass me hit the brakes and turn around. I know I wasn't speeding as I had the cruise set for 5mph under while I searched the hand rolls. Well I get pulled over and he asks for the standard license, registration, and insurance. And of course I couldn't find my insurance but he wasn't very concerned about that. What he was concerned about was the canvas bank bag and box full of half dollars in my front seat. I tried explaining that I collect half dollars but he didn't seem convinced. Only then did I deem in necessary to break out the small pile of silver and explain that I buy half dollars and take out the silver. He then started laughing, apparently the old lady at the last bank I was at had called the police and said there was a suspicious man asking questions about the bank. She though I was casing the joint and planning of robbing them so she took down my plate number and vehicle description so they decided to pull me over to check me out. So we laughed about it and he sent me on my way. Almost all of the excitement I could handle but I still had more towns to hit on my way home.

Town 6 - Nada

Town 7 - One bank told me that they didn't have enough to sell me? Other bank had $300 in clad.

Town 8 - $320 in hand rolls netted me 27 40%ers 3 90%kens and 2 franklins. Also got $78 in "silver dollars" as they called them but were nearly all bicentennial IKE's.

Town 9 - All of the banks closed at 4 and I got there at 4:10 Oh well I will get them next week.

All in all it wasn't too bad of a day with the bank error in my favor and finding a little silver to boot. Can't wait until the next road trip, though I just can't understand why my wife thinks I'm crazy and that I'm wasting my money??? Hope everybody finds plenty of silver on their road trips and stays out of trouble with the law. HH Josh.

Upvote 0

MarkinIa

Nov 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505
Re: They were going to arrest me if I didn't tell them about CRH!

That was a very good road trip except for being pulled over by the cops and had to explain why you had so many HD's in your car. LOL

Nice silver totals. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Josh,

CRH is always an adventure. Congrats.

And my stupid question. What is "CWI"

Darth Walker

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil

Nice totals Josh , a couple of those banks produced a nice amount of keepers ... as far as the police I had them come to folks house on my dads birthday looking for me , a nosy teller at my dump bank called them and told them I had brought in a bunch of half dollars ... so they asked me where I got all these coins from and I said the bank they come in on the Brink's truck.. lol they couldnt leave fast enough...

Congrats on your road trip , Ed

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If I ever get asked, I have good records of where each one came from..... ;D lol

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil

Darth Walker said:
Hey Josh,

CRH is always an adventure. Congrats.

And my stupid question. What is "CWI"

Darth Walker

CWI stands for Coinwrap Inc just another wrapper of coins for the feds ...they are the yellow colored rolls like the rolls I posted with the Walkers in them, Ed

Troy Ounce

Jan 16, 2009
Southeast
Detector(s) used
Whites6000 ProXL

Nice finds. Lots of SILVER!!!!!!!!! Good job!

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This is surely a day to remember! Good story and nice finds. :thumbsup:

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

too bad about that. Everyone takes anything seriously now days :o

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

Congrats on your road trip but we need some pics.

-Golden Silver

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

golden silver said:
Congrats on your road trip but we need some pics.

-Golden Silver

Pipster

Mar 8, 2007
denver
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, vision v3i,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

now that is funny glad you got some silver and extra money from the counter usually they are off in their favor

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

for some reason Paranoid people & Busy Bodies that call
the cops at the drop of a hat Annoy me.

Funny story though.

Glad you had fun :thumbsup:

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505

Hey Packfan, welcome to the half dollar laundering ring.

I was hitting small towns and buying halves from whatever banks I saw. I left one and was driving down the highway. Up ahead i saw a state trooper on the right shoulder. There was a car in front of me. As I drove past the trooper, he pulled up behind me. I drove awhile and saw a small town up ahead. I had to use the bathroom so I turned my blinker on and pulled over into a lot across from a convenience store and stopped. I looked in my rear view mirror and the trooper was pulled up right behind me. Rut roh. As soon as traffic past, I crossed the street into the parking lot of the convenience store. He didn't follow me. I used the bathroom and when i went to leave, there was a game warden pickup truck parked next to the trooper and they were chatting. I left and they didn't follow me. Coincidence?

S

seger98

GMan00001 said:
If I ever get asked, I have good records of where each one came from..... ;D lol

Only you would! LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions