I had to try this.

how u do n

Dec 21, 2008
in my own little world :)
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Minlab E-Trac Garrett Pinpointer
Hi guys.
I am new to the forum and also new to crh'ing.
After reading so many posts for so long I said ok time to see if this works.
Also remembering a friend of mine 10 years ago telling me about this and thinking yea right.
So, last Friday I told my wife what I was going to do,and being married for 26 years she knows I am not playing with a full deck.
I start by going to the banks that I have accounts with any asking them if they had any half dollars. Lots of them said no but a few said yes and I was off. I got to one bank and the teller says she has $50 I say I'll take them. The 2nd teller looks over with a smile and says I have $40. Again, I say I'll take those too. She smiles again and says I have $140 in the vault. too if you want them. I jump at them and say yes please.
I do this at a few more banks and get not much until I went to the other part of town.
I asked the tellers if they had any half dollars only to be told $6 and $7.50 I say thank you I'll take them all. As the 2nd teller hands them over the counter to me I see lots of silver. I just thank them and get out fast trying not to show a big smile on my face.
The last bank I asked said sure we have $350 how many do you want. I said I'll brb I need to go get some more money. I go back take them all and thank them and they say No Thank You.
I went through the $350 1st and was skunked then I started on the ones from the bank I got the $50 and the $40 and the $140 from the vault. I noticed Kennedy wrote on the side of one of the rolls and sure enough the entire roll was full of 40%'ers. I start to go through the rest of the rolls and find another one with Kennedy on the side. Yep, this one too was full of 40%'ers. I can not believe my beginners luck.
I call my wife in who thought I was crazy to show her all of these coins. She took one look gave me a high five and said wow OK you are right. We all know our wives do not tell us that often so, that was as good as the coins.
I keep going through the rolls and find a 1964 Kennedy in a roll and,the next roll had one too. Then I get a 3rd entire roll of 40%'ers and,then a 5th!!! I am laughing so hard this stuff does not happen to me.
Needless to say I'm hooked!!! I have 4 boxes of halfs coming this week because they got mixed up because of the inauguration.
I took some pic's and will post them when I get done with the 4 new boxes.
Thank you guys for letting me enjoy many many many hours reading and dreaming about those finds.
Now, I am glad to be able to post some too.
Nice to meet everyone
Dan

Upvote 0

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Dan, like hotel california you can not get out know

Darth

MarkinIa

Nov 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505
Dan,Welcome to the forum and the hobby of CRH

It sure looks like your off to a great start, Congrats :thumbsup:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow - great start and welcome aboard!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Hello and congrats on the quick finds. Now that you have the boxes coming in - the real fun starts :icon_pirat:.

Maine_Jim

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Hello Dan Congrats on your finds. Good luck on your boxes. Lets see some pics.

-Golden Silver

OP
OP
how u do n

how u do n

Dec 21, 2008
in my own little world :)
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Minlab E-Trac Garrett Pinpointer
Update on the totals
Ok for me 1st try at this I got $52.00 in 40%ers
$2.50 in 90%ers
I searched $890 in coin.

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Hey Dan welcome and congrats on a some really nice totals .. 109 keepers is a wicked good start damn you already have a decent stash and kudos on those 5 solid rolls :thumbsup: Ed

Fwiw ... it appears that you some nice virgin hunting ground so it would be a good idea to hit every bank in your area .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread