Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, good luck on your road trip!!! :thumbsup:

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
Thinking of you and wishing I was on the road trip instead.... However, I'm not like Darth as I haven't been dreaming about you...

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
well, i am back now. i hit 22 banks in 3 cities. the take for the day was 2 1967 40% kennedy halves. guess a little silver is better than none at all. but while i was visiting all these banks i did get an idea. i asked to purchase those little zipper bags with the bank's logo on them. was able to purchase 6 and one branch just gave me one. they ranged from 3-5 dollars a piece. what do i plan to do with them? from now on when i enter a bank i will have one of their bank bags in my hand and i will be sure the teller sees the logo. i am hoping that this will keep me from getting the famous question "do you have an account here?"
also i found out that most banks in this area did not even carry halves. one good thing about this road trip, i did not get the "little ol man just came in a few days ago....." story. i also found someones dump bank in the process. i went in and asked the teller for halves and her face lit up like a christmas tree. she said, "yes how many you want?" and i said i would take them all. bought 480 dollars in rolls and when she brought them from the vault the rapers looked very old and worn, man did my heart start beating fast. as i was leaving the teller said "check back with us often because we have a guy in town that orders them and goes through them and brings them back to us rolled." talk about the winds going out of my sails...i knew what time it was then. i went to the car and searched the rolls...total SKUNK. all the rolls had the initials SH on the outside of them.
wonder who this SH is? i would like to work together with him or her i think we could both find more silver that way.

S

seger98

Bummer, that's alot of work for 2 40%er's... But good idea with the bags!

Chris

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
You got to be careful will those old and worn Rapers Silver Cop....they can be sneaky little guys....Always be on the look out for em. :wink:

-Golden Silver

Troy Ounce

Jan 16, 2009
Southeast
Detector(s) used
Whites6000 ProXL
It is unfortunate about your results, It is just as unfortunate that you got dumps but if your like me leave none behind.
NEXT TIME !

how u do n

Dec 21, 2008
in my own little world :)
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Minlab E-Trac Garrett Pinpointer
Good luck
If they do not have any halfs try and ask them for some dimes.
I was able to score two full rolls of mixed silver rosies and mercs today
at a bank that had no halfs.
Good luck
Dan

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I Gotta agree on the dimes. I will usually start grabbing dimes on the road when the halves are scarce. I will only grab the customer rolled dimes as they are so fast to sort. Once in a while you get lucky and it sure beats a 40 mile drive of complete skunks.

Maine_Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions