why being nice to your tellers pays off......

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
hey guys
My normal bank called me today and left a message. It was this younger teller that im real cool with, she said she was just calling to let me know she had my boxes. She also said she had a surprise for me.
Pretty good surprise at that.

box was a skunk the first of the yr

teller surprise
1-1957-d dime
1-1964 Quarter.
she said she saw the two when she was unrolling some customer rolls. I taught her how to spot them. Im normally good to them anyways woth D&D but I threw her an extra buck with the .35 cents for her troubles. anyways its the first silver quarter i ever got, or does that even count as mine LOL aways thanx for lookin
Keith

Attachments

• DSC02652.JPG
    DSC02652.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 315
Upvote 0

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
Being nice to your tellers, that's what I thought. The one younger lady that I had taught had gotten a Ben Franklin half. She had asked where to sell it and I had suggested a coin dealer. Dohhh!!!! When I came back the next time I offered her $3 for it (I probably would have paid 4 but not 5), and she insisted on keeping it. I've taught them too well I guess but will not change my strategy as I feel everyone should know because it's a cool hobby. What goes around comes back around, and it's nice to see you're rewarded for your nice deeds.

Congrats ugotit22

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
dandow20 said:
Being nice to your tellers, that's what I thought. The one younger lady that I had taught had gotten a Ben Franklin half. She had asked where to sell it and I had suggested a coin dealer. Dohhh!!!! When I came back the next time I offered her $3 for it (I probably would have paid 4 but not 5), and she insisted on keeping it. I've taught them too well I guess but will not change my strategy as I feel everyone should know because it's a cool hobby. What goes around comes back around, and it's nice to see you're rewarded for your nice deeds.

Congrats ugotit22

she actually did the same thing to me last yr with a mercury dime. However i told her she was just going to end up spending it and sure enough she did. So from then on she just makes sure i get whatever silver comes floating in

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I have had tellers show me their cool finds. Most just seem curious as to what the coins are and if they are worth anything. I let them know and build confidance with them. I even brought Dunkin Donuts in to a bank that used to order boxes for me. Unfortunately the one that did the ordering did not have patience with my ordering and began to give me attitude and forget my orders. I later said " I am sorry if I inconveniance you but this ordering boxes was never my idea. One of your tellers offered to order without me even asking." It did not make a differance to this teller. So I just ordered my last boxes from her and told her I would go to another branch. I have yet to have tellers put something aside for me. Oh well, I will keep trying.

-Golden Silver

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
golden silver said:
I have had tellers show me their cool finds. Most just seem curious as to what the coins are and if they are worth anything. I let them know and build confidance with them. I even brought Dunkin Donuts in to a bank that used to order boxes for me. Unfortunately the one that did the ordering did not have patience with my ordering and began to give me attitude and forget my orders. I later said " I am sorry if I inconveniance you but this ordering boxes was never my idea. One of your tellers offered to order without me even asking." It did not make a differance to this teller. So I just ordered my last boxes from her and told her I would go to another branch. I have yet to have tellers put something aside for me. Oh well, I will keep trying.

-Golden Silver
I agree - that's why I stagger my orders/branches so as not to tick 'em off, donuts help, I don't order that much coin to begin with, it's only a hobby and I try not to be greedy! FFD

acute collector

Mar 26, 2007
wisconsin
a teller called today and pulled 4.40 in dimes I got it at face value ... but I gave her a free dominoes pizza coupon....and asked me if I want the 500 bag that they save for me...

gotta love them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread