whats better

cmhoose

May 2, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Re: what's better

BAGS! Hands down.  I always have better luck with the bags.  All the machines I use don't reject either the silver war nics or the buffs, so they are mixed right in for ya.  Also, you might get the occasional elongated penny or other random coins. Good Luck.

cmhoose

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What do bags normally go for? Or is this a stupid question. I know it depends on how full/empty they are but what is the normal range?

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

In different areas which is better will be different.

The coins that fill coin machine bags are directly tied to a single location and the coins that fill boxes come from a much wider area (the area the area serviced by the armored service).

So a lot really depends on the location and the mix of people who cash in their coins at a particular location. If a particular location has a lot of other CRHers that use the machine you are buying from to cash in.....you will have probably not have good luck there. On the other hand, if people using the machine tend to be either older people who just don't care or people who are ignorant about older coins...you will probably do well there (at least sporadically).

Getting boxes is essentially the same as taking a random sampling of coins from a variety of different locations and/or banks which means sometimes you will do very well and other times very poorly for exactly the same reasons as bags.

Now whether bags or boxes are better for you personally will just depend the particular location you are buying from.

My advice, try both for long enough to get some reliable statistics and see where you do better and continue using that method.

Also whether a machine rejects certain coins or not depends a lot on the type of machine and its calibration settings. Also, just because they might reject some, doesn't mean that they reject them all. I am constantly told that the coin machines reject Canadian (dimes and quarters) yet I ALWAYS find them in the bag and those should be the easiest to reject because they are magnetic.

OP
OP
B

bourassa5

Nov 8, 2008

WATS the average for ore 60 nicks and war nice per box also how about buffs? The nicks really ware your eyes out

OP
OP
B

bourassa5

Nov 8, 2008

sorry i was typeing off of my ifone and it is hard, i ment wats the average for pre 60 nics, i got i think 32 in the box i did today and one war nic, how many of each do people average per box?

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I average around 29. For my last three boxes I've gotten 36, 29, and 24 in each box.

-Codes

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bourassa5 said:
WATS the average for ore 60 nicks and war nice per box also how about buffs? The nicks really ware your eyes out

LOL

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

Hey borat...LOL I love the iphone typing. You must keep it up...makes it a little more interesting. Plus it makes people go huh?

-Golden Silver

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don't they have a spell checker on the iPhone? If not I should try to get rich and make an app for it. :thumbsup:

-Codes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread