Monday finds and need some help

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Monday I picked up a $100 bag of nickels. This is the only bank around my area that has a counting machine in the lobby. They are going to start saving me their dime bags from the machine when they pull them. Here are the results from the bag

26JAN09_Nickel_Bag.jpg

1 1944-D war nickel and 26 others between 39 and 59. Also 5 Canadian and 2008 P and D for my album.

These are from the counting machine at a Credit Union

26JAN09_OCU_Machine.jpg

The cent in the center is a 1944-S that looks like it just came out of a roll. Full red and very few dings. Even better is it filled a hole in my album. The silver coin is a 1 Baht from Thailand-Siam. This is where I need help, I can't find anywhere that will tell me how to read the year on the coin. Here is a blowup of the year

1_Baht_Year.jpg

I'm fairly sure that the year is the line that starts with the W.A. looking symbols. Is anyone here familiar with how to read this? I know the coins were made since 1986. Any help would be greatly appreciated so I can add it to the 2009 tracking list.

Upvote 0

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its from Thailand. I found a coin like that about a month back. Shake-N-Bake informed me it was a BAHT; but I'm not sure of the amount though.

-Codes

OP
OP
F

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Thanks for the help.

65gt350 - Is there a web site or book that has this information or do you have experience with the Thai language?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread