Todays road trip ya gotta love it lol

how u do n

Dec 21, 2008
in my own little world :)
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Minlab E-Trac Garrett Pinpointer
Today's road trip ya gotta love it lol

Hi guys
Went on a quick road trip this am to a town about 40 min away.
1st bank had $590 in fed wrapped but would only sell me $300 because the rest are for customers.
2nd bank had $790 but would not sell to me unless I had an account so I told them fine. I'll open a free checking account and I'll take the coin if they had not been searched.
3rd bank had $410 and I took them all.
4th bank had $100 and $705 more in the vault but they had been searched.
Went home to get 3 40% ers lol for all of them had been searched but the fed wrapped ones lol.
Oh well who says tellers always tell the truth lol
Tomorrow I have 4 boxes ready at my local bank maybe they will do better.
Good luck everyone
Dan

Upvote 0

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Re: Today's road trip ya gotta love it lol

Sometimes you win, and sometimes you dont, but at least you found some silver!

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

Throw them in the treasure chest.

-Golden silver

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil

Hey Dan, that is a bummer but at least 3 more to add to the stash ...heres to some better luck with those boxes , HH Ed

terryin pa

Nov 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just love those banks that dont exchange 1/2's for cash... wonder if they ever stopped to think if they'd give people SERVICE maybe some of em would do business there in the future. Look at how much they make on interest every month for loaning a mortgage or auto loan. I wonder if that bank go any of our bailout money?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

terryin pa said:
I just love those banks that dont exchange 1/2's for cash... wonder if they ever stopped to think if they'd give people SERVICE maybe some of em would do business there in the future. Look at how much they make on interest every month for loaning a mortgage or auto loan. I wonder if that bank go any of our bailout money?

Although I do buy halves from banks where I don't have an account, I can understand those that do require an account before they deal with you. Banks are for profit businesses, and right now they are desperate for customers due to all the bad investments they made in the past few years, as well as record foreclosures, etc. I would not expect them to do things for me for free without me being a customer. If they do, then great. If not, I would open some type of account if it is a bank with lots of branches within easy driving range.

It does not cost anything to open a savings account, and most banks only require $50 or so to do that. If it is a bank with several branches, just think how many different banks you can access by letting them hold your $50.

What really sucks is when you ARE a customer at a bank and have a few accounts there, and the ba$tard$ want to charge you a fee to buy you boxes or take dumps.

Jim

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bluefin1959 said:
Oh well who says tellers always tell the truth lol

If you are referring to the teller's knowing whether they had been searched. They only know if they have been searched once dropped off at the bank. They can't vouch for what happened prior to someone cashing them in unless they are told, which doesn't typically happen.

So the tellers probably told the truth. There was just nothing in them.

sneak

Oct 24, 2007
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other

terryin pa said:

Good point! Everyone (almost) who is not a customer is a potential customer! :wink: I think sometimes the banks forget about this or simply don't care.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keep on plugging away on those road trips, eventually you will hit the mother load!!!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread