GOLD!

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Hello,

On Friday, I asked my wife to run some errands for me, one of them picking up boxes of pennies. I asked for 4, and she picked up 6 instead! Good girl :). Took some days, but I searched them and found a few goodies.

Box 1: 6 wheats
Box 2: 4 wheats
Box 3: 13 wheats
Box 4: 14 wheats
Box 5: 6 wheats
Box 6: 22 wheats

Mixed in were a few goodies. I did some error searching as well, and the following showed up:
1951 Canuck
1999 Mexico 20 cents
2 possible 1972 double die
1960d small date

All in all, a bit weak on the wheats, but not a total bust either. Hopefully I can do better on future boxes, but, Ill take what I am given :). Today while dumping nearly $200 in pennies, I filled the machine. When the attendant came to change the bags, I asked if I could have the contents of the reject cup inside the machine. He handed it to me, and I dumped it into a jar lid. Immediately I noticed 3 oddities: 2 half dollars, a good lookin foreign coin, and a ring. Ended up with 2 halves, 2 quarters, 3 or 4 dimes, a few pennies, and 1 Euro. The ring turns out to be 4.2 grams of 14k gold!! Hell yeah baby, easier than metal detecting! I have read of several nice scores from the machines, and I am stoked to make one myself. :) If it were not for you folks, I never would have found this hobby, and subsequently so much silver and this ring. Thank you all for sharing!

Happy Hunting,
Anthony

Attachments

• rejected gold.JPG
    rejected gold.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 493
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Narthoniel

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Craigs list ad has been up for 24 hours with no inquiries. Went back to the bank and they said noone had reported the loss. Ill keep trying, but looks like I might have to keep it. A friend of mine was at the same bank today after me, and he told me about the nickle he found in the cup. Glad I got to it yesterday or he would have scored instead of me. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread