Extra coins in rolls!

zmemarine

Feb 6, 2008
Does anyone keep track of the extra coins they get from their hand rolls they search? I've decided to keep stats on this category this year. Last year I once got a penny roll with 11 dimes in it. So far for the year I'm up 42 extra pennies. I've also found 10 dimes in penny rolls. I'm also up one 50 cent piece for the halves. If i am short in a roll I subtract it from my extras that I've found. Nothing better then free money.

Semper Fi

Upvote 0

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
When I do nickles, I lay them out in a 4 by 10 grid, so it is easy to see if one is extra or missing. I don't do tha with any other coins, so I don't keep count :(.

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I also decided to start keeping track of offages this year and added an extra colum to my spread sheet. So far I'm just under $5 ahead.

baldiphoto

Dec 8, 2007
i was in a very small 1 bank town in texas last year and this bank only had $30.00 in halfs that i bought....2 rolls had no keepers in them , the 1 roll had 25 1 $ coins that i onlu paid $10.00 for.....so $ 15.00 free money...

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I do not keep track because more often than not the rolls are short and I usually get penny's in dime rolls.

So I don't want to sweat the small stuff.

Also if I got a roll of $1 coins when the teller thought she/he was giving me $10 in Halves I would retun it and have done so Twice now.

Karma is very important in ths game.

Mojo

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
I got a customer wrapped penny roll with 54 dimes in it once, that was pretty cool!!! :icon_sunny:

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Every now and then I will get a Brinks roll with an extra half. I can tell when I pick up a roll of halves if it has too many or too few from CRHing so much. Not a very important skill but kind of cool nonetheless.

Jim

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this week I got a box of dimes and 10 of the rolls looked longer I counted them and they had 55 dimes in each.........and two half dollar rolls I also got had 22 halves in them as well

exnatomp

Jan 1, 2009
I've been keeping track with my penny searches. Over the past several years, I'm ahead by about 400 coins. And I've found almost 170 dimes including a '64 silver rosie.

terryin pa

Nov 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started keeping track of dimes closely.....the coin counter pegs them as pennies and I get ripped. I do dimes first if I have any ,also I keep them seperate from everything else to keep size consistant as they pass through the machine.

Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Old Folks Knowledge
I went to Wal*Mart with a pocket full of halves one day. (father it's been 2 months since my last confession) I was spending my halves so I could keep my cash to buy more halves. I started counting the money out and looked up and the girl at the register had picked up my halves put them in her tray and was handing me my change. She thought they WERE dollars. HA. Got over on that one. I have an ongoing feud with Wal*Mart employees, or I wouldn't have walked out of the store with a smile on my face. heh heh heh.

No I'm not Catholic.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
1996 said:
I went to Wal*Mart with a pocket full of halves one day. (father it's been 2 months since my last confession) I was spending my halves so I could keep my cash to buy more halves. I started counting the money out and looked up and the girl at the register had picked up my halves put them in her tray and was handing me my change. She thought they WERE dollars. HA. Got over on that one. I have an ongoing feud with Wal*Mart employees, or I wouldn't have walked out of the store with a smile on my face. heh heh heh.

No I'm not Catholic.

Obviously.

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread