Nice tellers tray

Dave 77

Oct 19, 2008
Been wanting to CRH more but it is very hard to find halfs around here and I just don't have $500 to order a box. My dad said he was going to his bank which I had never been to so I tagged along to see if they had any halfs(Yes my dad had to drive me to the bank). When we got there I asked if they had any halfs. She replied that she had $7 in her tray and another had $3 more and an Ike dollar. She put the halfs on the table and I saw silver rims. I was very happy. When we were walking out I mentioned to my dad that they were silver and he said "cool". Ended up with two 1964, two 1966, one 1967, one 1968-D and an ike dollar. Cool considering I got them for face.

Thanks for listening
Dave

Upvote 0

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
hey dave good score, although you may not have alot of money you do have your age going for you. wish i would have started this hobby when i was your age. good luck to you. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MarkinIa

Nov 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505
6 keepers out of $10.00, SWEEEEET :thumbsup:

I didn't get that many out of $1000.00 today

terryin pa

Nov 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great....especially on your first trip to that bank. Keep at it and soon you wont be able to carry them all at the same time!

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
have your Dad ask a teller he is familiar with if they can order a box for you and ask if its okay to buy them a little at a time until they are gone....that way you can purchase say 5 rolls, search it, dump it , and get some more....continue until all are gone and repeat
i have one bank that does this for me and i didn't have to ask....i just took all they had and she reordered for me....now i always have halfs to search unless she forgot to order....even then she gets them in at most a week later

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread