Couple questions for a newbie

stumpy041486

Jan 27, 2009
What does NIFC mean? I have searched and could not find what it stood for anywhere.
I was looking through my change and found a Canadian Quarter with a Caribou and dated 1982. Is this worth anything? What metal is it made of?
Also found a 1973 Canadian Penny. Any of the canadian money worth anything?
Found a 2007 D penny and it looks much yellower (kinda goldish) than a normal penny, what causes this? You can definately tell the difference beside another penny.
Found a 1980 penny that appears like the head wasnt stamped right in the center. It is off center just a little. Is this considered an error coin and is it worth anything?

I should be able to get a pic up tomorrow if they are needed.

Thanks

Upvote 0

terryin pa

Nov 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NIFC= Not Intended For Circulation. As far as th Canadian Coins I'd check online for each one individually, but generally there not work more than face. Your pennies are normal circulation and not worth more than face value.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
Canadian quarters are silver up to 1967 i think....anyone correct me on the date but i'm sure they were still using silver a few years after we stopped.....as far as the penny...i have seen some weird colors on the newer clad.....some even appear to be of a different metal....i know there were some bronze ones minted but they are older......nothing different in the newer pennies though

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:
Canadian quarters are silver up to 1967 i think....anyone correct me on the date but i'm sure they were still using silver a few years after we stopped.....as far as the penny...i have seen some weird colors on the newer clad.....some even appear to be of a different metal....i know there were some bronze ones minted but they are older......nothing different in the newer pennies though

1968 was the last year, but it was a partial year....they had silver and non-silver coins in 1968

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread