I got shorted $200.00 from one bank

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
I went on a short road trip yesterday and hit up 5 banks for $ 1570.00 worth of halves ... after tally them up and bagging them only then did I notice that I was $200.00 short . I called the only bank this morning that I bought a big amount of halves from and asked told her about being short and she said that all the tellers tallied up on the money yesterday.

So I guess that I am out the $$$$ , it is my mistake a newbie one at that for not counting the rolls , oh well I guess the price of halves went up yesterday , HH Ed

Upvote 0
S

seger98

That sucks, looks like you were the one scalped, scalper! Sorry, first thing that popped in my mind.

terryin pa

Nov 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much consolation now...but I always check my money frequently while on road trips. Sorry about your loss. Did you check with all the banks?

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
That sucks.

I know it's easy to get impatient and you want to get out the door ASAP but when you buy rolls of halves you can get burned if you don't count them.

There may have been a teller that counted them as $1 coins and therefore tallied up even.

You didn't say-

How much silver did you find?

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a bummer Ed.

Is it possible that in one of your stops you only got $200 worth and put them in a different spot in your vehicle while driving around?

Being that they were loose rolls did you double check under your car seat and any other place you put them while driving? I had gotten my halves in the house one time and thought I was shorted a couple of rolls only to find that they had rolled to the back seat area in my car.

Another time I took my two boxes and cashed them in only to have the counter come up $50 short. This was a new coin machine and was never off before so sure enough when I got home I found them still in my plastic dish on my desk. When I search halves I throw the rejects in a dish and then pour it in my canvas bag to take back to the bank. I was interrupted by my kids and had forgotten to pour the last dish full back in the bag.

I think if you are like me that you had already run the above ideas through your mind, but I thought I would mention them anyways.

Hopefully you will find them somewhere. Twenty rolls of half dollars are a lot of coins to take a loss on.

Good Luck,

Scott (MI)

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Dang Ed, I can't even imagine what that feels like but it can't be good. That just means you are going to score double that in silver here pretty soon bud. Keep your chin up.

-Golden Silver

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To much of ANYTHING is a BAD THING..... Slow down, save some for the poor people.

Keep @ it and HH! (slowly)

OP
OP
Scalper

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
The bank called this afternoon and said they had my $200.00 so I had them credit my account same branch that I get my boxes from...so it turned out to be a great day after all. I pulled 40 40%s 2 90%s ,'63 Bolivaian centavos ( silver ) , 2 proofs , 15 Nifcs and '71 Netherland Antilles 1 Gulden ...43 total keepers ... plus 4 out of the 5 banks offered to order coins for me and 2 of them are going to call me when they get some old coins or bills , I met alot of nice tellers yesterday ......

Thanks everyone and here is the orignal link with pics , Ed

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,213895.0.html

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Glad they found your dough. Sounds like it all turned out great for you in the end. Way to go!

Jim

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that. I got short by $30 once. I was in a hurry to next bank and did not ask the teller counting the rolls in front of me. She just said "Here is $300". It turned out to $270.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread