Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Why couldn't it have been ME?

Walked into a BOA branch in the outskirts, during part of my little road trip, where the plan was to at least pay for gas. Two tellers there around lunchtime and one was bagging rolled coin to be sent out. I asked for halves and dimes, only had dimes...I bought $500 in customer rolled, teller seemed to know of my intentions.
Yeah, he says, was bagging quarters recently, and cracked open two solid silver rolls. He "took 'em home and threw 'em in a drawer".
I offered 10 x face on 'em but received no reply.
Oh well, scored 4 rosies, 1 '61 candian, and 3 40% 'ers
I drive a V-8 ford pickup so, needless to say, I didn't pay for gas today. Just more for the pile, lol! FFD

Upvote 0

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
Re: Why couldn't it have been ME?

i get stories like that all the time from tellers, i think some of them just like to see your reaction. when 1 tells me a story like that i always offer to buy them too.

Bank Runner

Jan 10, 2009

Maybe it will be you next time. I have never really searched quarters though. My wife did pull one from circulation earlier this month though.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice job on the dimes! You said you got three 40%ers. Where did you score those?

HH
Gilbert

OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

enamel7 said:
Nice job on the dimes! You said you got three 40%ers. Where did you score those?

HH
Gilbert
Three 40% were from loose halves I picked up along the way. Teller at BOA cracked me up, I was a little impatient with her, as I saw a silver rim on a stack of halves in her tray...she asked me what I was looking for, I said, "oh, mint errors, old ones and such".
She procedes to look at each and every coin spread out on the counter..."1971, 1974,....oh, this one looks different from the rest"....I say, "yes, thats what I'm looking for!"
Thought i'd never get outa there! Only bought 4 halves to get the one silver, wow!, what a lot of work!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Try as we might - we can't get them all..... :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions