I got the "F" word today from my dump bank.

MarkinIa

Nov 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505
I got the "F" word today from my dump bank.

A bank that I opened an account with a few weeks ago told me today that they are going to have to start charging me a fee everytime I bring in change "half dollars". They said that they charge business's for bring in change and since I bring in so much change that they have to charge me. I guess they don't like me dumping about $1500.00 in HD's per week. Next week I'm going to make one more dump at this bank and it's going to be a BIG one. lol. I have $1600.00 from my road trip today and I'm getting 2 boxes next week ;D

Upvote 0
S

seger98

Re: I got the "F" word today from my dump bank.

I'm affraid you'll see this more & more with all the CRH out there!

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

I would suggest becoming part of a credit union. I have had no problems they are all friendly.

-Golden Silver

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

when I open accounts I ask up front if I can dump lots and lots of coins, I get the ok before I even open an account. Seems banks around my area are hard up for business, and are happy to help out

OP
OP
MarkinIa

MarkinIa

Nov 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505

G4e, I did that at one bank that I checked in to opening an account and the lady asked how much change I'm I talking about and I said about $1000.00 a week. She didn't like that so I thanked her and left.

I don't blame them for wanting to charge me because it does cost them to send all of those halves back to the fed, but I can't afford to pay 5 bucks everytime i dump change.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MarkinIa said:
G4e, I did that at one bank that I checked in to opening an account and the lady asked how much change I'm I talking about and I said about $1000.00 a week. She didn't like that so I thanked her and left.

I don't blame them for wanting to charge me because it does cost them to send all of those halves back to the fed, but I can't afford to pay 5 bucks everytime i dump change.
the banks in my town told me Brinks charges them a flat fee per month for their service regardless of what they order or how many coins they turn in

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That sucks!!!!

terryin pa

Nov 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here's another case of a bank that should be on a boycott list. Total bull they want to charge you or a business to exchange coins. We as consumers need to boycott such places. If their left to get away with it in the future they will be charging us to cash checks or any transaction for that matter. My cell phone company wants to charge 5.00 if I go to their store and pay my bill in cash. They also charge a "fee" to pay it online or credit card over the phone. Banks will be next. Yes....I agree its a pain in there neck to them to care for CRH'ers....but think or the millions they are making on mortgages, auto loans , and credit cards.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

Terry, a word of advice...drop your cell phone company like a bad habit.

-Golden Silver

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil

ditto on joining a CU I dump 2k -3k a week at mine no problems plus they give me the 1k bags so I dont have to roll them ... it is a nice set -up.. Ed ha I would like to see someone like Coolpix and some others dump at their bank , they would certainly earn their 5.00 then ;D

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

If your banks are charging you fees that they are not charging other customers I'd take a serious look at your State Banking Commission laws,or give them a call.

OP
OP
MarkinIa

MarkinIa

Nov 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505

Thanks for the comments guys. :thumbsup:

I may have to check in to joining a CU

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

My cell phone company wants to charge 5.00 if I go to their store and pay my bill in cash. They also charge a "fee" to pay it online or credit card over the phone.
its a shame you can't dump on them ;D

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST

You're in to much of a hurry to get rid of your dumps. Join a bank that has multi branches and spread your dumps around....400 here.. 300 there. A little more work but nobody will hastle you.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ask how much you can dump with out being charged a fee. I have 5 dump banks that I rotate through just so I don't make any 1 bank mad at me. Actually I have so many banks around me, I was thinking of dumping at any 1 bank like 2 times a month.

Same thing for ordering, I try to rotate my orders so any 1 bank won't get tired of ordering for me. :thumbsup:

sfwusc

Mar 20, 2008

MarkinIa said:
A bank that I opened an account with a few weeks ago told me today that they are going to have to start charging me a fee everytime I bring in change "half dollars". They said that they charge business's for bring in change and since I bring in so much change that they have to charge me. I guess they don't like me dumping about $1500.00 in HD's per week. Next week I'm going to make one more dump at this bank and it's going to be a BIG one. lol. I have $1600.00 from my road trip today and I'm getting 2 boxes next week ;D

Just dump 20 boxes at a time... that will make the earn that $5 big time. That is only 25 cents a box. I would say that was worth it just to piss them off.

-SWUSC

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TreasureFiend said:
Ask how much you can dump with out being charged a fee. I have 5 dump banks that I rotate through just so I don't make any 1 bank mad at me. Actually I have so many banks around me, I was thinking of dumping at any 1 bank like 2 times a month.

Same thing for ordering, I try to rotate my orders so any 1 bank won't get tired of ordering for me. :thumbsup:
good advice TF, I try to rotate as much as I can too

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250

I try to rotate my dump banks and never use the same bank more than once a week. Its pretty much a scheduled thing for most of my banks theses days. If they DON'T see me come in with a bag of halves on wednesday morning they get concerned.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread