Getting greedy

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Not to my knowledge. I have asked and they don't order specific types of dollars. They can only order dollars in general and you end up with what you end up with. LJ on the other hand had some luck in her parents home town small bank I believe. She asked for large dollars and the main branch said they had a bag of larger dollars. She ended up with a mix of Ikes, Morgans and Peace. Unbelievable the luck of that Woman. That is why we call her the beautiful witch of the South.

-Golden Silver

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
A poster here named Cat used to mention buying $1000 bags of large dollar coins. I think you have to explain to your bank that they have to special order them, in that there is no mention of them on the order form they use when they order money from the courier company. I think it was Brinks that got them for her, but I cannot remember.

Anytime I have picked up large quantities of loose Ikes from banks they have always been non silver Ikes that are not rare and it has been a waste of time.

Somebody here once posted they bought a bag of them and it was short, but I cannot remember who that was.
But since they didnt open the bag (it came sealed) in the presence of the tellers they would not do anything about it, or something like that.

Good luck if you give it a try.

Jim

S

seger98

I've asked at my bank, they can't get them from anywhere they told me.

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
In some areas people can get a few 1000.00 bags , I couldnt order them anywheres but I had a friend ship me a bag... I found a Morgan dollar, a Peace dollar , 4 40s Ike proofs and a 1972 type " King of the Ikes " plus the bag was over by 50.00 HH, Ed

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a teller at one bank on a recent road trip try to explain to me that they couldn't sell them (large dollars) to me even if they had them because they needed to be shipped to the Fed to be destroyed......she obviously was either ignorant or trying to discourage me from ever asking again.

I was trying to avoid breaking out laughing.....

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
I tried to cash some in one time and the teller told me she didn't want them. The Fed wouldn't take them back and she would be stuck with them because no one wants them anymore......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread