Minnesota Banks

Roy(MN)

Nov 1, 2003
Minnesota
The banks I have checked with here in Minnesota tell me that they don't have and cannot order boxes of coins. They say they come in bags and I have yet to find one that will order any for me. Is this due to coming from a differant mint than where you all get yours? A while ago I did find one bank that had a couple bags of halves and got 1 franklin and 18 40% Kennedy's out of the one bag. Kinda hard to search coins when the banks won't co-operate with you. Even my own bank that I have done buisiness with for 20 years gave me qa hard time about getting coins. They said they don't order them unless they need them themselves.

Upvote 0
S

seger98

Bummer for you, I think gman buys the bags that are already filled from people that bring in coins. Ask your bank if you can buy the bags when they come off the machine, might help.

Chris

MarkinIa

Nov 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505
Just buy the bags if they well sell them to you. I also have a hard time buying boxes of coins in my area. :(

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seger98 said:
Bummer for you, I think gman buys the bags that are already filled from people that bring in coins. Ask your bank if you can buy the bags when they come off the machine, might help.

Chris

Correct. I only buy bags that are already full (except for an occasional partial bag of half dollars...but those are not common)

Depends on what part of the state you are in.

In the cities you should have no problem getting boxes....bags are much trickier as most twin city banks it seems have been burned previously by some CRHers who complained they were off a coin or two and refuse to sell bags anymore as its just not worth the hassle for them (had that happen today....again).

If you are in outstate, you may find things more difficult as many outstate banks roll their own coins and as such don't like to sell bags. They also don't like to order boxes because they do roll their own. As a result these areas are much more difficult to get coins from, but not impossible.

If you want some pointers on banks I find to be useful, send me a PM with what area of the state you are in (not necessarily specific city...unless you want to) and if I have been there I'll give you some pointers on which banks I have had success getting coins from. Even if I haven't been the area, I may have some pointers based on where/how I have had luck in outstate MN.

how u do n

Dec 21, 2008
in my own little world :)
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Minlab E-Trac Garrett Pinpointer
Try this :)
Go the the branch you bank with and talk to the president of the bank.
Prepay for them and tell him if the bag is off a coin or so you are buying them "as is".
Maybe this will help good luck
dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread