Do you mark your dump rolls?

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Never mark the coin out of respect for those who are trying to find coins other than silver. And yes you do still check the marked rolls. I have found many silvers that have been missed by people who most likely thought all silver ended in 64.

-Golden Silver

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
I don't mark the roll wrapper itself, but I do mark a few coins per dump. My marks will come off with alcohol or acetone. If you are going to mark your dumps come up with a system. Most of the marks I see are lines on the rim edge that probably will not tell the marker much if he gets them back.

HH,
65GT350

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
The only problem with marking the coin with washable markers and such is that it requires the coin to be cleaned which further devalues the coin. If you are still finding silver why do you need to do it anyway.

-Golden Silver

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My make a hole with my drill on each of my rejected coins

JK

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sneak said:
Darth Walker said:

JK

I think I've gotten a few of your rejects! LOL :D

Me too,.... :tongue3:

OP
OP
47thelement

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quote from: Darth Walker on Today at 04:06:03 PM

JK

I think I've gotten a few of your rejects! LOL

got one today.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
I mark only a certain date coin. Then I can tell how often I get my dumps back.[/quote]
i can't see how that tells you anything...it makes no sense to mark coins ....when they end up in the counters they are mixed with others....and possibly shipped out to other areas....just what does it tell you?..how has it improved your finds?..what do you do when you find 1 of your coins in a box?...jump up and down ?...gimme a break....and just because they're only clad and they are plentiful is no excuse to deface coins....no one wants to look at your marks on coins or have it rub off on our fingers

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
"I mark only a certain date coin. Then I can tell how often I get my dumps back.[/quote]
i can't see how that tells you anything...it makes no sense to mark coins ....when they end up in the counters they are mixed with others....and possibly shipped out to other areas....just what does it tell you?..how has it improved your finds?..what do you do when you find 1 of your coins in a box?...jump up and down ?...gimme a break....and just because they're only clad and they are plentiful is no excuse to deface coins....no one wants to look at your marks on coins or have it rub off on our fingers"

AMEN

-GOLDEN SILVER

Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mark a few of the lesser quality coins that NO on would keep!
What I mark is CRH my state and the Month and year! I recd a new box that was loaded! the funny thing is it had a bunch of marks from another roll Hunter, thus meaning even though coins are marked they still get mixed in with other batchs! thus giving incentive!

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In reality I do no mark the coins or make holes on them.

Still the rejects are american money and I respect the Goverment as long as they do not call back all the silver and gold like they did in 1933.

If that happends I will hide all my coins. JIJI I have just 10

DW

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate it when people mark coins, it does nothing to improve your finds, all it does is aggrivate other CRHers.......it serves no purpose, and it is a waste of time.

jonhls

Nov 10, 2006
I never saw the need to mark halves but I put the date month and year ,my name,and bank i dumped at on every dime i hunt,takes a little effort but well worth it ....lmao

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only mark gold coins, strange thing though, I haven't got any back yet.

Actually I don't mark anything. I did, however, have some halves picked up for me over the weekend. One bank only had a few rolls which were all hand rolled in old wrappers. I thought/hoped they were all silver but it wasn't to be. Total skunk. I took a second look at the wrappers and they all had a small x on the end of the wrapper. Which one of you was it???? Think I'll roll them back up in the same wrappers and slip a note in the middle that says skunk :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread