need some help wit the Whtiman books....

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:
me too ....big dents and sore fingers....i think its just cause they're crappy ;D

Yep I have the same problem, but in my nickel folder its the opposite!!! The coins just fall out everytime I open it up, and its a brand new one too boot!!! If somebody wants a million dollar idea, improve upon those piece s of crap whitman folders, but keep the price down to drive them outta business!!!!! ;D

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
If you can I would get an album instead. Most dealers will sell you used albums pretty cheap. But if you want to use the folders just put one edge of the coin in the slot and press on the opposite side of the coin until it goes in. The problem with the folder is once you put a coin in a slot it is sometimes harder to get a better version to fit in the hole.

65GT350

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
Dansco has great books that shows both sides of the coin.
A Little bit pricey but worth it.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I've also heard about acids in the cardboard of Whitmans damaging coin in long-term storage. Asked a coin dealer about this but he played dumb. Bought the Whitmans anyhow as I have no high-value coins to begin with, just silver.

S

seger98

OmegaMan said:
Dansco has great books that shows both sides of the coin.
A Little bit pricey but worth it.
Fistfulladirt said:
I've also heard about acids in the cardboard of Whitmans damaging coin in long-term storage. Asked a coin dealer about this but he played dumb. Bought the Whitmans anyhow as I have no high-value coins to begin with, just silver.

Both of you guys are absoutly right on the head, use the dansco albums & the whitmans in the long run will acid damage on the coins!
If you want a quality collections, go with the above advice!

Chris

sfwusc

Mar 20, 2008
This might work and it might not.

I had a dime folder like that... I took an crappy clad dime and used a flat head screwdriver to go into each hole. I then push it out to use the same dime over the whole book. It made the holes just a little bigger so the good dimes would go in easier.

You have to loosen up the hole to get it in sometimes.

-SWUSC

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought a whole slew of Whitman folders and for the most part they were easy to get in. Some though, I had to tap in with a small hammer (no lie). I've found that the bigger the coin, the easier they are to get in.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like stated above, use the edge to start putting them in. It also helps to lay the book down on a hard surface when doing it, or the book can buckle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread